Kyosho Fazer MK2 66 Chevy truck build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the different cars offered on the Fazer MK2 platform I thought they would be a ton of info on people working on these There’s a few but not much. So I thought I’d share my build.
Yea I don't quite get that, I see more people buy TT02s and dump hundreds into them, vs just paying more up front and getting something decent.

The bed cover and motor add a bit of life to an already nice body. Do you think you'll stiffen the rear diff and make it more rwd bias?

I’m eventually going with a brushless motor to run a 3s battery. Then beef up whatever that tears up. I have the metal drive shaft for it now. I do wish more companies made hop ups for it. 90% is all Kyosho up grades

Last edited:
Looking great. Love this truck in this color. Your undergrowth is called El wire. I noticed blue is the brightest color offered for some reason.

Thnx chabaka. I’ve had it since around 2007. I’m gonna see how it does or maybe get brighter lights.

FYI for anyone with a Kyosho Fazer MK2 of u didn’t already know. So for anybody keeping up with this build I just started working on the Trans Am body and ran into a little setback. I knew the wheel base was a little off but looks like it may be more than I’m gonna like. lol. So I've heard the wheel base was adjustable. It’s not. I’ve come to find out there are 2 sizes. A 260mm standard 1/10 on over 98% of everything out there and a 274mm which is my 66 Chevy truck. I did some looking around. The Camaro and Datsun were 2 of the kits at 260mm wheelbase. I’m sure there is more. Heres a pic of what I think fits the 274mm. This is from my optional parts catalog that came with truck. Long story short (too late for that lol) Size does matter!

IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8901.jpeg

So nothing new to work with this week. Our mail system has let me down. lol I did however find some interesting information. While looking around. I found that the $140 Fazer chassis kit comes with a transponder mount and the Subaru WRX kit comes with a chassis cover that is clear. For the short chassis only Not sure if it’s wrapped like a body to be painted though. Can’t find any part numbers for either one. Gonna see if manuals are on line and have it.

IMG_8949.jpeg

IMG_8950.jpeg

So nothing new to work with this week. Our mail system has let me down. lol I did however find some interesting information. While looking around. I found that the $140 Fazer chassis kit comes with a transponder mount and the Subaru WRX kit comes with a chassis cover that is clear. For the short chassis only Not sure if it’s wrapped like a body to be painted though. Can’t find any part numbers for either one. Gonna see if manuals are on line and have it.

View attachment 183778

View attachment 183779
Kyosho loves to supply nice fitting lexan chassis covers in their kits. Even the buggy bodies in the old Legendary kits like the Scorpion fits really snugly. And the Beetle comes with it's own separate chassis cover that sits under the body.

I like it. I’d paint to match chassis or the body somehow

Makes a world of difference when you add a cover to the bed. :thumbs-up:
I wish the bed was deep like Prolines 66 Chevy Truck

So the mail man came through for me today. I got the HD center shaft and shaft cups installed now

IMG_8969.jpeg

Last edited:
New truck chassis. lol. So this is a chassis protector I found on eBay. Not as thick as I was expecting. Pretty realistic though and It’s 18mil. They have a 12mil. Was kinda expecting like what is on my other car. Anyway looks pretty cool but not much will actually make it withe chassis being what it is.

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9006.jpeg

I made a template out of painters tape so I could get pretty close to what I needed. Ok so here it is cut out and taped to chassis i still need to trim out 8 screw holes then apply it for good.

IMG_9019.jpeg

IMG_9020.jpeg

IMG_9021.jpeg

IMG_9022.jpeg

And now a step back in time. lol. in most id say scale and decals have come a long way in 20 plus years I’ve been in RC. Here are some examples of bed patterns I’ve use over the years. Purple truck is first round of carbon fiber decal that I know of. Then the carbon fiber on green truck is newest that I know of. It’s actually for automotive use. Gray truck I painted rails silver like the purple truck but never put black wood decal in it. The yellow truck has 20year old diamond plate decal. The place I bought my wood bed has an almost real diamond plate decal

IMG_9176.jpeg

IMG_9182.jpeg

IMG_9183.jpeg

IMG_8896.jpeg

Last edited:
And now a step back in time. lol. in most id say scale and decals have come a long way in 20 plus years I’ve been in RC. Here are some examples of bed patterns I’ve use over the years. Purple truck is first round of carbon fiber decal that I know of. Then the carbon fiber on green truck is newest that I know of. It’s actually for automotive use. Gray truck I painted rails silver like the purple truck but never put black wood decal in it. The yellow truck has 20year old diamond plate decal. The place I bought my wood bed has an almost real diamond plate decal

View attachment 186011

View attachment 186012

View attachment 186013
Rc4wd and another company makes true 1/10 scale diamond plate. I got a few sheets laying around. One is soda can thin. The other is a bit thicker.

That bed looks great!

Any plans to go magnets in place of body clips?
Funny u ask that. Since I’m limited to Kyosho body’s. I think in time I’m gonna get 2 more 66 Chevy truck bodies to paint 1in orange and 1 in charcoal gray to match the colors my real truck has been painted over the years. And maybe a general Lee body all with magnet body mounts. I’m gonna magnet mounts soon and see how much work it’s gonna take to actually work

Back