Best Monster Truck out there!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i also had one of the first savages out, i had the first in my area and everyone told me not to get it,,, then they saw it with my 25 big block in it (this was put in aftermarket because there was no savage 25 when i had it) and now they all have them... hyper 8 port is faster in savages too , in case you were wondering. my favorite i think is going to be the mad force though , fast , wheelies, truck looks and handling ... can't lose. i just wish it jumped like a savage , I'm working on it tho

I usually dislike everything... Let's see...

T Maxx, needed to sell bonds to finance the cots of upgrades and I'm still not satisfied although I have figured out how to overpower it.

Mutant Maxx, another huge hole to throw money into and it's as fast as h___ but none the less a parts whore.

SUT, the jury is still out, in stock form it'll never take a beating like the other two can, so another bottomless pit ... probably.

I do not own a Savage, yet. From what I've seen they are very durable. They just can't catch my maxxes.

I do not own an MGT, some of the folks at the lhs's say great things about them, but they are heavy and could use some more power.

I do not have one of these...Dom's seem to kick some rear end around and in the right hands are a winner if set up properly.

I'm obviously no guru ... it's just my .02.

:loser: if it takes you more than 3 days to get any part for a mamm. i would be amazed. hobbypeople will ship it to your door. I don't have a xtm dealer in my area, but it only took 3 days to get my truck. just like anything, when i got my savage 21 i had to wait for a spur gear.

I wasn't talking about the mammoth.I Was talking about the DD .It does take a week when you need to order from Hot Bodies because nobody sells the part you need.:loser:

I bought a T-Maxx almost a year ago, and after throwing damn near $2000 dollars at it, I can honestly say it will be awesome. But, that's after waiting and waiting on parts from Unlimited Engineering. They make the best parts for a T-Maxx. If I had it to do all over again, I would have bought a Savage. Much more durable. My buddy hit a stump of a tree at WOT and hit the fromt L tire. No damage, he just had to reset his trim/steering on his stick. I beleive the Savage will be my next ride. My basher. The SuperMaxx I have now will be my Monster Truck racer. Just can't wait to get back to the States to do some racing. Wishing you all the best in whatever you buy! Go burn some Nitro!! My :2cents:

Woody

Dude, with a story like that, YOU should buy a Savage ASAP. Why keep spending all that money on the Maxx? Seriously though, I cannot believe the Savage suffered no damage after striking a solid object at WOT. Think about it, 35 to 40 mph and then crashing into a tree (or other solid object)........ Unless it's just a glancing blow, that kind of crash is gonna result in some broken parts every single time, no matter what the brand of truck.

I hit a 4x4 street sign post with my prior sirio maxx dead on at about 2/3 speed and all that it did was knock off the proline bumper. It did not bend or break anything...never did find the 4 locktited screws that held the bumper in place in the grass. Prior to that I did hit a cyclone fence at an angle and had to rebuild the entire front end when it was in stock form. It wasn't moving very fast at the time....go figure..

I hit a light pole with mine (21 converted maxx) and it caused some damage. My depth perception sux... as it was, I swerved to miss the light pole, I hit it head on.

I have aluminum bulks from ACNCM and RPM arms. The stock bumper mount sheared off 3 of the bolts that hold it onto the bulkheads. The RPM arms flexed so much, the 2 of my shocks literally exploded.

I've since done many more modifications and hit less things. Now, most of my issues are due to running a 21 with 2.5hp in a truck that was designed for a .15 with 1.6hp. Drivetrain weakness always let themselves be known in the start of a day so that they can blow the rest of your day fixing it.

It's still fun though.

:eek:pps: i just clipped a street sign with my mammoth and "snap" lower front a arm. i hope this doesn't start a trend

Originally posted by emoney
:eek:pps: i just clipped a street sign with my mammoth and "snap" lower front a arm. i hope this doesn't start a trend

I could see that happening to most MT's as an impact at an agnle would put a hell of a lot of stress to your arms. I did that with my XX-T CR Stadium truck at full speed and i snapped my arm. I just feel that there are so many people that are going to have a good/bad opinion on other trucks no matter what. If everyone liked the same thing then all of us would be stuck with Old school Maxxes converted to there own liking.

:2cents:

Jon

Traxxas Revo for sure i just bought one yesterday and broke it in just in break in i liked it more than my old t-maxx.

1/8 id go with a savage, although the cen gst 7.7 looks alot BIGGER and cooler. 1/10 id get a revo 3.3, but i already got it.

Regardless of how long it's been since this thread began, the question of "which MT is the best?" is THE topic of discussion whenever a bunch of MT fans get together. This question is ageless in our hobby.

Perhaps this thread will just keep growing, and growing, and........

march 30, 2004, he posted that. wow... what a blast from the past.

did you guys not read through the thread before posting... beautiful!!

anyway... revo for sure. i don't care which one you get... but revo for sure.

wow... just wow. :wasted:

To anyone who Hates the savage or thinks its weak in anyway I'll do a head on crash with you.my savage vs. your ride.any takers

SAVAGE XL out runs all!!!!

Savage XL is the best so far...kickin' Some butt out there...out runs em all...STOCK...BIG Block...love the tuned pipe sound!!!! :first_place:

The Mammoth is a truggy, and although the build is good, if you land hard under power you will trash the diffs. (they twist the housing and strip gears).
The best M/T by far, for initial cost, parts availability, SPEED, strength, and just its awesome stature, is undoubtedly the Associated MGT 8.0.
And yes, I have ALL the rest......

The best M/T by far, for initial cost, parts availability, SPEED, strength, and just its awesome stature, is undoubtedly the Associated MGT 8.0.

How many rigs do you own Brushless?

68. But that includes 5 Platinum Revos that are being stored for later.
Having said that I really only have, maybe 9 or 10 that I drive. The rest just kind of hang around the house, and they are great fun with the AX 10.

Are you the one with a Cen Gen 7.7 and the MGT 8.0 ? If so wich one is faster in a drag race?

The Cen has a center diff or you can lock it out right and a 3 sp trans.How about the MGT I thinks its a 2 sp and no center diff right?

Did you ever drag race a 3.3 Revo with either of them?