Best Monster Truck out there!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except the fastest, the rest of the characteristics you described is owned by the Savage. It's certainly not slow, but good enough.
:winnar:

I am still favoring my MGT. I have take serious jumps with it and it drives away strong. I drove the Savage and the TMAXX on the same 5 foot ramp that launches you in the air about 10 feet. Anyways the Savage broke a rear Lower a arm. The Maxx busted a brace from bottoming out..luckily I had an extra set. Don't even get me started on the mammoth. that thing has a lot of weak points. All the aluminum parts like the shock towers, radio tray brace bend very easily. The MGT by the end of the day had a broken bumper extension. I go with the MGT baby!!

Granted it may not be the fastest but who wants to drag race all day? I want to bash on jumps!! Hail to the MGT !!!

I've been bashing around with my GS Storm Unlimited Truck and not a single broken part. And believe me I've beaten it up. It's a true 1/8 scale in handling, jumping and strength. This baby jumps like it has wings. At only 9 pounds and a .25 rear port engine. Well you have to drive it to understand.

Originally posted by lastofsix
Well you have to drive it to understand.

Could not have said it better. Drive the one you want. If you are lucky test drive it first!! then you decide.

Originally posted by jon2
I am still favoring my MGT. I have take serious jumps with it and it drives away strong. I drove the Savage and the TMAXX on the same 5 foot ramp that launches you in the air about 10 feet. Anyways the Savage broke a rear Lower a arm. The Maxx busted a brace from bottoming out..luckily I had an extra set. Don't even get me started on the mammoth. that thing has a lot of weak points. All the aluminum parts like the shock towers, radio tray brace bend very easily. The MGT by the end of the day had a broken bumper extension. I go with the MGT baby!!

Granted it may not be the fastest but who wants to drag race all day? I want to bash on jumps!! Hail to the MGT !!!
That seems odd you broke something on the savage. I mean I have literally put mine through hell and barely break anything. The only thing I beefed up was the dogbones and the suspension.

Well the only thing I can say is that the Savage I got to mess with was not mine But I had to clean up and tune the engine. The engines held atune on the Savage and Tmaxx which is a plus. Nonetheless All were still a blast to drive!!.

I say Savage or MGT I will trust what I hear at the LHS about the MGT they seem to be real tough as well. Savage is just a hell of a lot more popular thus far.

I like all three trucks.MGT SAvage25 and the TMAX 2.5. NEVER A MAMMOTH. Not much thought in that design. As far as popularity, I think the MGT will catch on. Its different in areas cuz I have seen the MGT big in some areas and not in others. The Savage is always going to be popular unless HPI tries to do a "SAVAGE EVO". The MGT I believe will be huge if they get a kit version.

i like my t-maxx because of how it runs,
and i like to upgrade, and i like to break things, and i have an attachment to it. i would rather have a truck that i like and break it than have a truck that i dont like and have it be indestructable.
I dont know why i like my maxx, i just do, and noone can make me change my mind,

my favorite out of the box truck is the kyosho mad force. i have 6 trucks(savage, tmaxx, xfactor, xterminator, txt-1, madfaorce) and it is the only one that never breaks. tough as nails. i like the savage for durability, but it is a pain in the a$$ to work on. the tmaxx is my second pick for faavorite, it runs like a dream and is built like a tank.my x-terminator is a fun ride too, but i guess it is a totally different thing. my x- factor and my txt are in a claas of their own, I'm deeply into rock crawling and these badboys can crawl right up a flight of stairs.

metallicamaxx's top 6
1 madforce
2 tmaxx
3 txt-1
4 x-factor
5 x-terminator
6 savage

Hey metallicamaxx are the rpck crawlers equipped with strong engines? I ask cus for rock crawlikg I would think that you are interested in Low end grunt as opposed to speed. Gotta love speed though.

Here is the List for me on the trucks I have had the pleasure to drive.

1.MGT - own and is mine
2.TMAXX 2.5 - own but is the wifeys
3. Savage 25 - not mine
4. Mammoth- not mine and never will be.

my x factor is gas, it has an o.s. .40 4 stroke engine(gobs of torque). the txt-1 is electric, it has 2 emaxx titan motors, 550 size cans running on 14 3300 mah matched cells(twisted out the stock 4mm stainless steel center drive shafts). they are both geared low enough for tons of torque, but still have enough rpm to hill climb like a mountain goat. speed is fun, thats why i have the mad force but there is nothing like watching a huge truck finess its way over rocks twice as high as it is! :thankyou:

Originally posted by metallicamaxx
my x factor is gas, it has an o.s. .40 4 stroke engine(gobs of torque). the txt-1 is electric, it has 2 emaxx titan motors, 550 size cans running on 14 3300 mah matched cells(twisted out the stock 4mm stainless steel center drive shafts). they are both geared low enough for tons of torque, but still have enough rpm to hill climb like a mountain goat. speed is fun, thats why i have the mad force but there is nothing like watching a huge truck finess its way over rocks twice as high as it is! :thankyou:

Damn!! That thing must just get on its lid when you gun it. Hey I got an idea.. How bout posting a vid?

i can't post a vid, but i will try to post pics

i will think about including it after i see it. i dont want to jump the gun and put it in my favorite list, before i see it run. for all i know it could be the new terra crusher(p.o.s.) :whistle:

I posted that post on 1/27 lmao and ppl are still bringin it up. I appricate it tho, later

i say savage would be best truck ,but i think the mad force might be my favorite ... that and the twin titan that i was lucky enough to beat on for a while (i broke some body posts on that bad boy real easy...OFNA ...:hammer: )

Back