Best Monster Truck out there!?!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A t-maxx with a .21 conversion kit. Now that's a bad ass truck and if anyone has that they are awesome. lol.

No one has mentioned the Thunder Tiger EK4. I have two of them and they rock. Mine are pretty durable and have taken some serious beatings. I had a WOT runaway with an EK4 and it bounced off a fence at 30+ mph. I thought it would be totaled, but it only broke two rims.

Also, the EK4 is unsurpassed as a full-size MT for brute power right out of the box. You don't need to buy a bigger engine, as it already comes standard with a .70 helicopter engine, making incredible torque and producing wheelies all day long. I put a two-speed transmission in an EK4 and it is well over 50mph. Some owners are getting 60mph with the two-speed and smaller spurs.

Some may say the EK4 can't jump. All I can say is go check out this video: http://www.sauron.no/videos/EK-4 Abuse.mpg It's a big file so you gotta be patient. Check out the EK4 jumps about half way though the video. They are some of the biggest and cleanest jumps you will ever see.

Downside to EK4 is it's expensive and parts are hard to find, usually end up mail ordering parts.

I have only one word to say to you.

SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE SAVAGE.

Enough said.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

i hate the savages lol

:breakdown rock and roll man

I HATE MAMMOTHS!:nope:

They have nothing more to offer more than a buggy with MT tires.
IMHO of course

Jon

why do you hate mammoths ... I'm thinking of getting one so id appreciate your input

Definately savage in the fun and durable department

Originally posted by Supernitro17
why do you hate mammoths ... I'm thinking of getting one so id appreciate your input

they have weak spots all around. THe shock towers bend and the CHASSIS does as well. I have taken my MGT, tmaxx 2.5 , savage 25 off a 5 foot ramp all survive even with landing on there lid. the Mammtoh suffered a bent chassis,radio braces and both shock towers bent! WTF? The Mammoth may be fast but where is the durability? MAMMOTH gets no props from me

:2cents: Jon :nope: :thumbdown

Originally posted by GilBeQuick
Stay away from the Hot Bodies Dirt Demon. A few guys came in the hobby shop looking for parts (we don't stock them, very few hobby stores stock Hot Bodies parts for Hot Bodies vehicles) and all 3 complained of how it broke very easily. One guy's driveshaft snapped and he hadn't even gotten through breaking it in yet.
Your right on that one Gil I've had my DD for 4 months, and every 2 tanks of fuel something either breaks ,bends, wears out, and I havnt even had a chance to really run it hard. because it's allways on the bench.lol this thing has been a money pit from day one. first the clutch then the bell and cheesey spur gear ,then the 2 speed and 2nd gear. then the shock towers and the list goes on .One of the worst trucks out there.I've spent more money in the last 4 monthes i could of bought 3 MT.

Oh ya. and parts. forget it .What you see on towers web site is what you get ,and that isn't much. And a-arm's .Just look at them and they brake.

its been a loooong time since i posted this thread lol, since then, I've gotten the tmaxx 2.5. its been great. but old news haha thanks for all your replys tho, i appricate it. later :flamer:

Regardless of how long it's been since this thread began, the question of "which MT is the best?" is THE topic of discussion whenever a bunch of MT fans get together. This question is ageless in our hobby.

Perhaps this thread will just keep growing, and growing, and........

yep , I'm with chevy ss ... some threads get real real old, and this one will get to be a dinosaur i think

:angry: when people use the word hat that bothers me. the mammoth is an excellent truck, just like anyother, you get a lemon or a bad luck truck. Jon2 i feel your pain but people like you and myself buy it for the simple reason, we want to be different. I have had no problems with mine except for normal wear and tear, and it finishes in the top four every other weekend.

by the way that's hate not hat, i don't mind if people use the word hat

OH yes this is just the age old question that newbies will always have. The best one is the one that you like most.

Ok I still LOATHE the MAMMOTH. I am very easily pleased when it comes to RC's. But having to buy something to just run your truck is ridiculous. Durability is a big factor in my game. the other factors just come into order as I see fit. I really was disappointed in the durability in the Mammoth. I really had not idea how durable it was until the first three encounters with them. Out the FIVE times I ashed with my friends It was my MGT and the Savage that were still rolling. Sometimes the wifes Maxx was there but the Mammoths were always in the sideleine. I really don't care what you have but I wouldn't recommend the Mammoth. Sorry Emoney, I am very glad to know that you are happy with your truck. Thats all that matters Right? I am still going to root my MGT on. The Mammoth is just fast for me and that's about it.

Jon

guys i'm a newbie to this forum action but to rc i've been in it for 20 years. I've had the "popular" trucks, and the always leave me wanting more. I like the feeling of winning with something few people in my area have only seen in mags. I bought the savage when it was getting slammed for not having enough power, and now everyone is on the savage band wagon. Every vehicle has its quirks, but the secret to having fun for me is figuring them out.

theres a diffirance between quriks and just plain weak parts figuiring them out is the easy part. Waiting weeks for parts is another

Back