My new HK Baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Lloyd, you go run it yet?

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

Yeah I've got 2 tanks through it. Lots of fun.

So does HK carry a complete line of replacement parts for this or is it 100% compatable with HPI's 5B for parts?

Both. . .Look at a HPI CLOSE, then look at these CLOSE, they are the exact same thing, the parts are identical.

Parts are compatible between the 2. Whoever started making the clones must have gotten a hold of the parts files and/or the molds themselves and went at it. Shoot. It's all done in China so as far was we know the could be made in the same place by the same child labor. LOL

I think the plastic used on the HK are different though. The HK have a shiny look and the HPI has a dull look.

Those kids are doing good work then :D

I'm not saying its the same quality of the HPI, I have no personal way of knowing, but for the price theres no beating it in my opinion. If I could have afforded a brand new hpi, I might have gone that way but this works for me and especially since the parts are all compatible, if you brake something, put a HPI labeled part on and viola.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Killer Rc turnbuckle spacers installed. Sorry for the crappy pic, shouldnt have bought a cheap camera...

001-816.jpg

I think it fantastic you are now into 5th scale regardless of what rig you got.

I need to make a stand to work on it-on.

This has me wanting to buy a 1/5 scale but my hobby area isnt really big enough to work on it and I dont really have anywhere to store it.

If you have wall space in your hobby area, then you may have room to store it.

I have 3 of them stored on the wall using metal shelving brackets.

You can see my 5SC on the wall beyond the Losi in this pic. My 5B's are stacked above it.

11aaaasdf002.jpg

I think it fantastic you are now into 5th scale regardless of what rig you got.

+1 to that. It's not all about labels. Congrats on the rig, now beat the snot out of it.

It's too pristine. Go get some dirt and scratches on it!

Installed a Full Force RC fuel line kit...
018-11.jpg

Got a losi cap to use for easier to grabness, lol. But I'm not sure its gonna work, it goes on but you gotta push pretty good to get it to grab and then its pretty tight turning. Might leak?

001-1083.jpg

It would take alot of $$$$ to get me to turn loose of my Baja , Its too much fun

My Losi cap fits fine on all 3 of my Baja's just like the caps that came with them.

May be a slight difference in size with the HK version.

Boil the Losi cap without the innards and then put it on while it's hot and let it cool in place.

I'm having trouble tuning it. Runs great for a few minutes till warm then it bill start bogging on top end, so I close the HSN just a touch then it bogs on the low and and wont rev much at all then dies. I can open it a bit then and usually get it to start but it stays boggy on the low end till I give up...Should I be touching the LSN at all?

Reset both needles back to factory and start over.

If it's idling good then you don't need to be messing with the low speed. If you lean it too much, it will start to idle higher and engage the clutch which you don't want.

This isn't a nitro. You should not have to be messing with the needles at all once you get it running good. If you do, then there is a problem with the carb or engine itself.

Is the carb a Walbro? It should be stamped on the body of the carb someplace.