My new HK Baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it out today and ran a tank through. Never had any problems. Runs great too, spins nice cookies on pavement. can't wait till summer with it.

Fuel usually helps to run great.
peepwall.gif
:hehe:

JK SNG, glad it's back to running well for you.

ha ha up yours...

I am so serious about buying one of these! But i just wanted to ask how the acceleration is on this..... Is it fast, slow, laggy??? Because I've never had a rc bigger than 1/10 and i didnt know how that affected the acceleration.

To me, its not laggy really, it takes right off and gets to top speed real quick. Its enough power to be happy with for starting out in my opinion. An upgrade to a bigger engine later on would be cool but I dont see a need for it yet. It spins cookies on pavement, good enough for me.

Thanks, i think this car will be loads of fun... btw i noticed it didnt come with servos. I'm sure i could install them, but i just dont know what ones to get. Which ones did you end up putting in. if you could post a link to them that would be great to!

Thanks, i think this car will be loads of fun... btw i noticed it didnt come with servos. I'm sure i could install them, but i just dont know what ones to get. Which ones did you end up putting in. if you could post a link to them that would be great to!

If you are looking for servos for your ride it seems to be mutually agreed on most forums that the hi-tec 5755MG(rhino) is about the best bang/buck steering servo you can get on a baja it is about $87, you can also get the 805bb for $42 but IMO it isn't up to the task. As for Throttle I am running a Savox 1256TG on mine but any good strong 200+ oz servo is what you should shoot for. Daves Discount Motors has great deals on most of the stuff you need and you can use discount code "LSF" Large Scale Forums to get 5% off.

Brian

Made a cover outta lexan to keep rocks outta my shiz...

006-105.jpg

there is a company that makes windows for the rear to keep that from happening, i just can't rememeber which one it is.:\

Yeah theres a few options but mine was free :hehe:

:DI got that template from you, i have some made from brushed aluminum (FREE) i just havent put them on yet

I like you brake cover I was running in mud last weekend and could have used it:)

^^^Yeah gravel stuck in there sucks.

really considering getting one of these this summer. i have been lookin over this thread and comparing prices of things, and it wouldnt be much diffrent getting one of these in comparision to the brushless revo or savage flux. i have a couple questions about it tho... lol.

do you need a fail safe with a rig like this?
and what kind of run time do you get from a tank?

With a rig this size, a 2.4ghz setup with a built-in failsafe at minimum is a must.

Run times vary from 30-45 minutes depending how hard you are on the throttle.

IMO a Kill switch is a must with these things it's cheap insurance and may keep you from hurting someone or something. As for run times it depends on your driving but usually about 45 min per tank.

Brian

I'd have to agree about the kill switch. On something this big and powerful, it should be one of the first aftermarket parts added.