My new HK Baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Got the box out and havent put the servos in yet but here a pic of it. I always new they were big but it blew my mind seeing it in person.

003-183.jpg

Nice Car Man!! I absolutely Love My Baja , I dont know how i made it as long as i did without one, My next one will be a SS that i can start from scratch, You will have a Blast with it I'm sure. I would upgrade the rear tires those wont last long the middle "pins" will be the first to go on the rear, the Fronts on mine seem to do a good job. What CC Mil did you get in it?

Nice. Congrats on the new toy. Nothing beats being able to fire up a truck and run it for 40 minutes plus and never touching the needles.

Definitely look at getting a set of rear tires. If you run on pavement or rocks you'll go through those pretty quickly.

Huge congrats SNG, there is nothing like large scale for sure. For tires, check out the Nightmare MX series, they're really good tires, and last a long time off road.

PS: Please let us know how it holds up, I've always wondered about them. So cheap, and so tempting.

Congrats on the large scale addiction, bro. You're gonna love spending less than $20 for fuel for the weekend on that sucker.

Bout time you put on some big boy pants. LOL

Yeah I have a bad feeling I'm gonna really really really like it too....its a 26cc too. That will do until I can step it up to something else I'm sure.

Nice new addition lloyd, can't wait to see her rippin!

this is Hobbyking?
i see them for like 350.00 and just add radio gear

how does this compare to a HPI baja?

this is a knock off but what are the differences?

Last edited:
From EVERY where I've read and been told, and even by HPI owners who own both, these (which is a Rovan I guess but HK sells them as theirs), the engine is different and the finish on the plastic parts isnt gloss, thats supposed to be the main differences. It seems really solid, theres no slop any where on it.
This is the upgraded version with tuned pipe. I did order the cheaper one first but the order got messed up and after that I had to order the upgraded version to get it from the US warehouse, not sure why but prolly a good thing since I got the better pipe.

do you know the part number for the upgraded version with tuned pipe or maybe a link on their site
i would like to get one and want to get the better one

cool thanks 389.00 wow
what radio system and servos are you running?
whats good to put in or not good

I'm using my GT3B tx/rx. Using a Hitec 1/4 scale 5745 for steering and a hitec 5645 for throttle/brake. Bought the 1/4 scale from Rob but got the 5645 off ebay for $30ish I think...bad memory lol.

thanks for the detailed info

Congrats on the purchase. You're going to be yelling it at the first or second tank and say, why are you not out of gas yet? Trust me getting used to 45 minuite run times is something you'll have to get used to. Just check that rear diff and the engine settings prior to running. Enjoy

I got it running, took a while, would start, rev, then die. I moved the hose in the tank closer to the middle of the tank and it started right up and ran fine. Ran it for maybe 5 minutes, then it bogged a couple times when I gave it the gas then died, I assumed it was out of gas....its 18* so I didnt check to make sure :D

^^^Not any more :( driveway is really muddy, I hate a muddy rig.

Got it tuned today finally, took me a little while to remember how to tune something. She runs great though!