Yz 250 :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well I finally got a nice bike. Its not new or anything but its the nicest one I have owned. 2000 YZ 250 with a new motor just put in it. I sold my zx11 and got the yz for $1200. Great deal on my end. I am stoked! Rode it a little today. Only thing wrong with it is it needs new fork seals and tires. Other than that its all good to go :) On with the pics!

118ziqd.jpg

34hwcn4.jpg

Its really clean for being 10 years old lol.

Put on your brain-bucket and ride it like you stole it because you did.......

Nice bike. I used to race a 2001 YZ250. Fast bike for sure! I scored a Team MotoWorld Supercross cylinder for mine back in the day....talk about a rocket ship!

Congrats bro! I love my 250 (kx) before going to a bigger bike, they run great. Glad to see you finally go one!

Congrats on the bike Brandon, Gotta love the smell of 2-stroke oil burning in the morning, Now you can stop buying and selling all these bike and start riding, LOL!!

Ya me too! lol This one is really light though. I dont have any complaints other than the forks are really still cause it needs new fork seals. Thats my next project.

Thanks for all the replies guys! I am stoked!!!!

Do they just leak alittle oil? Sometimes if you take a picture, like a photo that you got printed out by walmarts photo deportment, and wrap it around the fork then slide it up into the seal and back out a couple times, it can pull dirt out of the seal and help it stop leaking. Just something to try incase thats it.

Negatives actually work REALLY well to clean out fork seals....luckily changing them is a joke though. I think I may have a brand new set of Boyesen Reeds for a YZ250 at home......

Negatives actually work REALLY well to clean out fork seals....luckily changing them is a joke though. I think I may have a brand new set of Boyesen Reeds for a YZ250 at home......

That would be sweet! Let me know what you want for them. I dont get what you mean by changing them is a joke? I am having my buddy do it. He worked in a bike shop for a couple years.

I mean putting new fork seals in is VERY easy ;-) You'll need a fork seal driver, or make one from a 3 inch piece of PVC Pipe. Everyone should know how to change fork seals! hehe

Not much different from RC Shocks really...except the piston doesn't screw into the shaft...because there is no shaft with threads. hehehe Just 2 pieces of metal stuck together really! Drain em....remove the internals...grab hold of both pieces and bang em apart (well yank em repeatedly till they give way)...install new inner/outer seals and put em back together....and slap the internals back in. Pretty easy....just don't drop the rod inside! They suck to fish back out. hehe

The hardest part really is getting the rod back through the spring and attached to the fork cap. Everything else is a snap...and if you have patience the rod is easily done as well. I never had the rod holder tool...I used my fingers.

Ahh thats dope, I don't like the dice but other than that its beautiful

Ya I want different plastics and graphics.

Went to the bike shop today. Got new grips, grip glue, air filter oil, Castor 929 Fuel mix, new brake lever and a ratio rite measuring cup. I have a big list to get lol. About 400 bucks worth. After that though it will be a REALLY nice bike.

Well I figured I had to get my girl a bike too so I picked up a 02 TTR 125 with a BBR 150 Big bore kit, BBR bars and triple clamps, FMF Exhaust tall seat and bark busters.

ek51qb.jpg

Going to try to get JR a 50 soon.

that's a nice 125 h8z, any updates on the 250??

Back