Wheel nuts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byron

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a Micro Baja, and recently I bought a Lipo battery for it. Now it gos so fast, that the wheel nuts tighten up on me while I am driving. I tried new lockng nuts (with the nylon insert) and they still tighten up (expecially the right front wheel) Any suggestions? I was thinking of using threadlocker on the nuts, but I am not sure what color??

I wouldn't recommend the threadlock just yet.

Do you have a bearing kit installed? If so, just shim the wheels and tighten them down all the way. That's how I keep the wheels on my mini-t from binding up and causing power loss. I'd offer more insight, but I have yet to lay hands on a micro-t/baja.

Oh. Didnt see micro, thought it was mini baja, and i thought it came with bearings. Deff go with that kit.

Bearings are definetly a must for any micro or mini. and make sure you got a spacer in between the wheel nut and bearing. that will keep the wheel spinning freely and keep the wheel nut tight

I do have the bearings on the wheel hubs, and it still tightens itsel so much, that the wheel locks in place and will not spin freely. I am not aware of a spacer? Do they make someting for this? Or is this something I should get at a hardware store? And yes it is the "Micro" not the "Mini" (I have both, and just the Mirco has the wheel issue) I did not see a Micro thread on this site, that's why I posted here, it was the closest to the mirco

Oh no, I believe you're in the most appropriate section. No worries.

Shim/spacer/washer...something to keep the two surfaces from rubbing. I don't know the technical jargon for it, but that's what you'll need. Hardware store would be your best bet, especially if you can take the axle hub in with you and find something that is a good fit.

And yes it is the "Micro" not the "Mini" (I have both, and just the Mirco has the wheel issue) I did not see a Micro thread on this site, that's why I posted here, it was the closest to the mirco

No worries, my mistake. I just didnt fully read the post. Your in the right place.