What music are you listening to RIGHT now?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool song, love me some Ozzy and Black Sabbath. Diary Of A Madman probably my all-time favorite album, and if I could bring one musician back from the dead, it would be Randy Rhoads.

The new Billy Idol song has been on heavy rotation in my house as of late, it's pretty awesome.
Didnt know Billy Idol was still around

The thing is ,after listening to those well known artist for 40 years ,you get burned out on it ,
so I listen to more unknown artist now for a change!
There is so many unknown artist that have great talent!.. :cool:
Thats soooo true. A lot of the music i listened to 30 years ago I dont really listen to it that much anymore but if you ask me Ill still say I love it :)

All though ,Ozzy Osbourne is one of the forefathers of heavy metal an killer licks ,I dont
have a favorite ,no favorite band ,vocalist nor guitarist or drummer ,there is so much talented
musicians out there ,then & now!
But to me ,it is about personal taste ,now as I am older .I am more into the subject matter of
what the artist is singing about an the way they sing the song ,also how they build an tie the
sounds of the instruments in around the vocals!
Now these days ,I attend to listen to music that is spiritual an have a more of a meaning
content to it!.. :cool:

All though ,Ozzy Osbourne is one of the forefathers of heavy metal an killer licks ,I dont
have a favorite ,no favorite band ,vocalist nor guitarist or drummer ,there is so much talented
musicians out there ,then & now!
But to me ,it is about personal taste ,now as I am older .I am more into the subject matter of
what the artist is singing about an the way they sing the song ,also how they build an tie the
sounds of the instruments in around the vocals!
Now these days ,I attend to listen to music that is spiritual an have a more of a meaning
content to it!.. :cool:
I've said for years and years that theres no such thing as bad music. Its all just a matter of personal preference.

Feeling the need for a little Kaiju action!

Years ago, my girlfriend took me to a bar and had a surprize for me. A bar that held at most 150 people standing up, with inappropriate touching going on. I had no idea who was playing, until I heard someone in the line mention Blue Oyster Cult. I was like NO FREAKIN WAY! It wasn't an advertized event. They got on stage and played nearly every freakin song they had, along with a few covers. They were on stage for hours. It was just an amazingly awesome experience. One of THE best bands to see live.

Last edited:
Oh, and it is a very strange coincidence you shared that song because an hour before I saw your post that song was going through my head. I was watching Top Gear and someone mentioned Blue Oyster Cult.

@Greywolf74 Dude I love the Thrill Kill Cult! Devil Bunnies is one of my favorites. :)
Not too many people I know listen to stuff like that. It was real popular when I was in High School. Thrill Kill Kult, Skinny Puppy, Revolting Cocks, Corrosion Of Conformity, the list goes on :)

Love 'em all! Almost every band on the wax trax label was a keeper. Gotta love beers steers and queers from revco! 🤣

Not too many people I know listen to stuff like that. It was real popular when I was in High School. Thrill Kill Kult, Skinny Puppy, Revolting Cocks, Corrosion Of Conformity, the list goes on :)
COC - I loved them. Guitarist Pepper Keenan has such a distinct sound, when I first heard Bury Me in Smoke by Down at a vape shop I knew right away who the guitarist was.
Another of my favorite musicians. Les is a badass.

Back