What engine???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman30808

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm starting to look sround for a new engine for my Aftershock. I haven't been into the hobby that long and there are a lot of opitions. I bought the truck used and don't really know how much life it has left. I'm just a basher without a lot of money. Just tring to narrow the opitions down.
So which engines are good.

Well... I run an LRP28S3 in mine. Leaps and bounds over the stock engine and the stock engine in the LST2. For what the engine is, it's not a bad price either.

I paid around $170 for it at my LHS.

I have 4 gallons through it only so far, but I can still feel the mechanical pinch when it's cold and the glow plug is out. I'll be able to post a better assessment later on this year after I run more fuel through it. So far, it's been a great engine. Tons of power, idles nice, tunes easy, starts easy, just an all around great engine so far.

I'm running the same as olds, and so far its a powerhouse. i havent heard any complaints about it from anybody who has one.

I also have an LRP in my Aftershock, easy to tune and runs very strong!

Ok has anyone run anything beside LRP.
I'm more then likely gonna go with the LRP, What pipes run good with them?

Last edited:
ya i run an axial .28 spec 1s right now...

got mine for $120

but i have run the lrp .28 spec 3 previously and am waiting for my axial to blow up before i place the lrp back in....

but if you are not looking to spend money i would go with the mach 427

the lrp is very powerful and good but it requires you to buy better longer lasting more expensive parts to endure through out the life of the lrp.

my reccomendation in the long run is the lrp

but if you dont want to waste money straight up get the mach...
it has plenty of power, easy to tune and runs great.

1st lrp

2nd axial

3rd mach

Back