What are some ideas for 3d printing rc parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just have to be creative. Think of improvements, and design something that achieves your goal.

I wanted an ESC mount that custom fit a Sidewinder ESC, to hold it without tape, and hold the switch, so I designed this one for our Slash LCG chassis. I later went with a different ESC, so I designed a different one, but this accomplished my goal.
20211209_220041.jpg

20211215_141202.jpg

To straighten up the front shocks and remove caster from the suspension I designed a new bulkhead and shock tower.
20211213_074918.jpg

20211213_175024.jpg

To get the body mounts to be more perpendicular to the shape of the Mustang body, and not have the Pro-Line body mounting nuts sitting unevenly on the surface of the body, I designed a body mount that would angle the posts.
20211215_153839.jpg

Just have fun.

With the right filaments, and being mindful about how the part is oriented when you print, you can do some pretty fun stuff for sure.
Carbon reinforced petg and nylon have been great for me for crawler parts.
Tpu has worked well for me for some basher parts and crawler tire inserts.
There is a lot of cool stuff you can do, but there is limitations to design and strength.

IMG_2866.jpeg

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_0611.jpeg

Back