Luke Number 2s 3D printed RC pre runner build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or, rc parts to go ahead and cnc them out of aluminum
I suppose you could do that for complex parts, but you're still going to have to do a bunch of CAD work to fix the model afterwards. And it doesn't matter the part, I could model it up faster than someone could scan a part and repair it with surface modeling. It's just the wrong approach to creating mechanical parts. Solid modeling is much faster for mechanicsl things.

I suppose you could do that for complex parts, but you're still going to have to do a bunch of CAD work to fix the model afterwards. And it doesn't matter the part, I could model it up faster than someone could scan a part and repair it with surface modeling. It's just the wrong approach to creating mechanical parts. Solid modeling is much faster for mechanicsl things.
what cad do you use?

Yeah, and modeling with surfaces is not very easy to learn. There are youtube creators that teach various software like Blender. You can download Blender for free, and watch a guy by the name of Blender Guru on youtube to learn it.

A 3d scanner won't be of much use unless you are wanting to scan and print things like figurines, or anything with organic type surfaces, like trees, rocks, stuff like that.
Yea probably won’t bother getting it

that i destroyed on the slash lol.
oh also slash update. i broke the transmission casing so i ordered an rpm one over the weekend and it arrived yesterday but i didnt get to have a chance to put it on because it was still in the car from when we went out of town and my mom went on a date and i fell asleep before they got home.

i broke the transmission casing
Thats traxxas for ya. That 4s power coming in hot
Edit: Should have went with the 272R. You can get it for around 90 bucks on jennys rc. But needs assembly. 272R is a beast and you won't strip any internal gears. Not to mention the alum. motor plate and sealed/tune-able diff.
I was surprised the original 272 transmission lasted that long.

Last edited:
Thats traxxas for ya. That 4s power coming in hot
Edit: Should have went with the 272R. You can get it for around 90 bucks on jennys rc. But needs assembly. 272R is a beast and you won't strip any internal gears. Not to mention the alum. motor plate and sealed/tune-able diff.
I was surprised the original 272 transmission lasted that long.
No the gears are fine I just snapped the arm mount off
Sounds like your mom got lucky. Don't tell your dad.
Lmao

No the gears are fine I just snapped the arm mount off

Lmao
Ooooh
Well still, traxxas plastic. I seen people use the RPM one, don't know how good it is, I think they have different mounts for the arm so its not actually apart of the case, and I think they have different offsets too. If the mounts aren't apart of the actual case and if there is a replacement if you break them thats a pro in my book.

Ooooh
Well still, traxxas plastic. I seen people use the RPM one, don't know how good it is, I think they have different mounts for the arm so its not actually apart of the case, and I think they have different offsets too. If the mounts aren't apart of the actual case and if there is a replacement if you break them thats a pro in my book.
Yeah it has separate arm mounts

Back