Ways to protect the body shell?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcobrien

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone got any hints & tips to how best protect the body shell?

The best way is to set it on the shelf and never drive it. Otherwise it's gonna get trashed.

The best way is to set it on the shelf and never drive it. Otherwise it's gonna get trashed.
Ha! That's no fun though (although very tempting to bling one up as they look so good when done).. ;)

Pick out a body that you like and paint it however you want. Keep that body for display and shelf duty and use the stock body to bash with.

I've never tried this because i JUST now thought of it... Buy the exact same unpainted body you have now... and just lay it over your nice body.. I'm not sure if you could actually use the body clips when its so thick with 2 bodys but if you can make it work.. it will forsure keep your body looking decent.

The only other option you have is to drive it VERY slow so it doesn't roll over..:shrug::shrug:

I've never tried this because i JUST now thought of it... Buy the exact same unpainted body you have now... and just lay it over your nice body.. I'm not sure if you could actually use the body clips when its so thick with 2 bodys but if you can make it work.. it will forsure keep your body looking decent.

Will not work, they will be the exact same size, and not fit over each other. In order for this idea to work the outer body will have to be slightly larger than the inner.

Or u could just not roll it lol.

Or u could just not roll it lol.
Easier said than done. I'm hoping the bigger Blast wheels & Goliath tyres I've ordered will help with the handling..

There are likely bullet proof ones, but I love those Carbon Fibre Bodies...

Last edited:
Good grief i bet a carbon fiber body for a savage would cost as much as a new rig!!

---------- Post added at 8:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 AM ----------

And even then it will still scratch!

Good grief i bet a carbon fiber body for a savage would cost as much as a new rig!!

---------- Post added at 8:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:11 AM ----------

And even then it will still scratch!

Hi Zdragon,
Then a full size, all carbon funny car body, must cost a few large.

No wonder the crowds go nuts when the drivers flip these rigs...

Chas

Last edited:
Quite sure, that I would be just as happy, with an all fibre glass body such as this gorgeous one...

Chas

Last edited:
My buddy and I custom made a roll cage for his that protects the whole body and mounts to the shock towers under the body mounts. We are working on one that runs under the body and comes out to protect the corners. Will post a pic when finished.

My buddy and I custom made a roll cage for his that protects the whole body and mounts to the shock towers under the body mounts. We are working on one that runs under the body and comes out to protect the corners. Will post a pic when finished.
Would love to see some pics..

Would love to see some pics..

+1 for those pics, thanks.
I really like the look of that carbon fibre material...
I like how this fellow added some to his Traxxas XO-1

Chas

Last edited:
+1 for those pics, thanks.
I really like the look of that carbon fibre material...
I like how this fellow added some to his Traxxas XO-1

one more pic to admire
Chas

Last edited: