The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't backdate, but after 12 years of driving relatively current Mercury Grand Marquis (different one every 4 years, 3 total as daily drivers), I finally changed to a different car. The MGM was discontinued in 2012, so figured it was time.

2013 Chrysler 300C, 5.7L v8, pretty well equipped with the "Beats" audio package. Pretty sure that's just "b" stickers on things... lol.
2015-0321-300CFront-800x600.jpg

Front/Rear length comparison to the 2007 MGM:
2015-0321-300C&MGMRear.jpg
2015-0321-300C&MGMFront.jpg

Has taken some getting used to, but every morning I get into it, it brings a smile to my face. Like my own personal ego boost every time I get in the thing.

It had 25K on it when I bought it, so needed tires pretty badly. The dealer covered the cost for 2 of them. A bit of a shock buying 20" sport tires vs the old 16" uniroyal touring tires I run on the MGM's. Cost a bit more than twice as much with half the mileage warranty. Also, it's only 300lbs lighter than the MGM, and I get worse mileage in it on average. I used to get 24-25mpg pretty consistently in the past 2 MGM's (the first one averaged 22mpg), but I have to work at it to get 24MPG in this thing while typically getting 22mpg. Stupid hemi.

All is forgiven when I hear the rumble when I start it. All is forgotten when I hit the on ramp. :)

With the tires and engine, it feels a lot smaller than the MGM's, but is only a couple inches shorter (and noted 300lbs lighter). My wife has the last MGM, she gets the hand me downs since she drives about 3K a year. I drive about 20K now.

Last edited:
I feel your pain at the pump. I have the same problem with the '09 Silverado and the '02 F-150 it replaced. The Ford was good on gas, but there is nothing like the sound and fury of a V-8...

Gas is under $2/gal around here in some stations....too bad I drive a diesel.

Tried the 3.3 again today, results were dismal at best for performance, then broke my front rockers, forgot why I put them on the 3rd hole vs the first... now I remember. Then a sign post came out of nowhere and I plowed into it on my way back to the car. Broke front bulkheads. Replaced the front diff since I had 3 in a drawer and the one in it sounded pretty grindy.

Cleaned up/resealed/installed my old OS18TM to see how it did. I didn't care for it well and it was gummed up. I had it in my BB revo before the BB. Redid the throttle linkage as it was all mangled after the stupid sign issue. Hurried to get it all together before dark so I could run it then adjust whatever for hopefully 65F temp day tomorrow. Sheared the FOC pin in the trans before it was warmed up. FML.

Today was not a good day. $45 worth of revo parts to replenish my reserves.

It has the 3.6l v6, its a lot stronger than I thought it would be.

Yea. Same as in my jk. That diesel option for those is sexy though. But gotta pay a lot more for it.

I would have bought the diesel but my wife didn't want it and it's her ride. I might look for a used one to trade my truck on later, they have a tow rating of 6800 lbs which is good enough to handle our camper.

Gas is under $2/gal around here in some stations....too bad I drive a diesel.
$2 A GALLON!?
Right, a U.S gallon is 3.8L.
$2 is £1.30
So over there you're getting 3.8 litres for £1.30- that's 34p a litre. In the UK, it's currently £1.10 a litre in the UK for regular diesel. So for me to buy a U.S gallon, it'd cost me £4.18- that's $6.45 a US gallon- over 3X more money...

US: $2
UK: $6.45

Petrol is about 2p cheaper.

Now thats something to complain about haha.

I'm paying $.95 Canadian a litre, that's $3.61 Canadian a gallon. Converted to American would be $2.79. I guess I got nothing to complain about, especially when I'm getting 32.6 mpg. Got to love my sewing machine engine.

My wife and i both rode our motorcycles for 118 miles and fulled both bikes up for $10.17.

Now thats something to complain about haha.
I'm British, I'll complain about anything if you'd give me a chance, but this one thing is on my top 5. I suppose the extra tax funds the NHS (Free health service)

My wife and i both rode our motorcycles for 118 miles and fulled both bikes up for $10.17.
If I wanted to go to Bristol (God knows why I'd want to do that) that's 118 miles, which should take about 2 hours- and my car averages 40MPG (It's no 5.7L V8, but it works (It's a 1.9 diesel) ) Then it should cost about £18 ($27) Although, that's not accounting for what I call "UK time travel tax" Which basically means, that 2 hours becomes 7 hours. At which you're averaging 10mph and 30mpg. And being bored. The reason this occurs is because whoever decides what roadworks occur and when is a complete and utter scatter brained nob. These "Roadworks" mostly just involve 600 traffic cones, 4000 signs and invisible builders doing bugger all other than reducing the speed limit to 40MPH- we should do what the french do (Let that never go in a sentence again) and make it so that the speed limit is only enforced when the workforce is there, but yet again the imbecile who decides this refuses to do that....

Last edited:
I'm British, I'll complain about anything if you'd give me a chance, but this one thing is on my top 5. I suppose the extra tax funds the NHS (Free health service)

If I wanted to go to Bristol (God knows why I'd want to do that) that's 118 miles, which should take about 2 hours- and my car averages 40MPG (It's no 5.7L V8, but it works (It's a 1.9 diesel) ) Then it should cost about £18 ($27) Although, that's not accounting for what I call "UK time travel tax" Which basically means, that 2 hours becomes 7 hours. At which you're averaging 10mph and 30mpg. And being bored. The reason this occurs is because whoever decides what roadworks occur and when is a complete and utter scatter brained nob. These "Roadworks" mostly just involve 600 traffic cones, 4000 signs and invisible builders doing bugger all other than reducing the speed limit to 40MPH- we should do what the french do (Let that never go in a sentence again) and make it so that the speed limit is only enforced when the workforce is there, but yet again the imbecile who decides this refuses to do that....

2 motorcycles so gotta double it.

Not much weaving going on with my big bike.

My state has some of the worst drivers in the country (fact). But it
TBH, I always thought it pretty retarded that bikers did that anyway. Just asking to kill themselves or someone else. Or at the very least, damage cars.

I've had quite a few instances in my younger days that looking back on make me surprised that i am still alive. I'll never get on a crotch rocket again. Only cruisers from here on out.

Except a grom. I am going to get a grom. Those little things are badass.