The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HPI ones are more then a $100, and I'm not sure they would help me with my problem. The part I keep losing is the spring collar that clips onto the shock shaft.
Are you talking about the spring cup, the thing that "locks" onto the lower rod end and the spring sits on? If so, are your springs the right size? They should be keeping tension on the cup which SHOULD prevent it from falling off. If your springs are good, have you looked at the cups from RPM? I was losing the stock ones on my Rusty, but I haven't lost an RPM one yet.

That's what I'm talking about, on my Flux it never really locked in not even really clipped in. It's just forced down by the spring into the threaded end of the rod end, on bigger jumps and really rough terrain when the shock compresses a lot the spring cup moves a little and then the spring is barely holding it on. Eventually if not checked frequently it comes off. I added some more spring retaining clips hoping that may work.

They are the proper length spring that I'm sure of.

Just checked the RPM site they don't make any that fit the HPI big bore shocks.

Last edited:
Furious 7 and The Big Bang Theory Season 8 on BluRay.

KangerTech EVOD E Cigarette, so far I'm enjoying more then regular cigarettes. Try to week myself off nicotine completely.

I need to do that again (get off the nicotine ) and stick with it...

A gallon of synthetic oil and filter to change the oil on the new bike. Some "Not your fathers Root Beer",
and $16 worth of gas for an almost 250 mile motorcycle ride yesterday.

Integy rear rockers for my revo... busted one today on my BB running 60 weight with the dual rate dampers. Tired of the ass hitting the ground like a ton of bricks with 4 feet of air.
New AA heater, old one isn't holding on any more.

^^ That root beer is dangerously good!

Thats what i was told. Picked it up this afternoon after someone told me about it, but I had to go in to work tonight, so i will be able to try it at 0600 when i get home.

"Not your fathers Root Beer"
I'm guessing they're smack talking "Dad's" Root Beer. Frostop was always first in my book.
Frostop09.jpg

No. its a real beer. Apparently flavored like rootbeer. And we have an OG Frost Top here in Baton Rouge. Delicious.

Got really busy last night so I just kicked off my uniform and passed out as soon as I walked in the door so I didn't try it this morning. Maybe tomorrow.

Tried it this morning. Not a fan at all. I'll stick to Miller and Guiness.

A 5.7L Ford V8 and a 4.6L Ford V8.

I needed the 5.7L for a 2005 red ford truck (FX4) that I inherited from a relative, and the 4.6L is for a 1999 black ford truck single cab, short box, stepside (STX) that was fouling up the 4th, and 5th plugs with oil every three, or so months before I parked it. I suppose I could've rebuilt the heads in the old 4.6, but then it would still have the same old bottom end just waiting to fail. The red Ford needed an engine, it had bad compression when I took it to a place called grey eagle engine repair.