The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bike Alpine, it's going to look a lot better flat black!

40 lbs of fresh large shrimp!
I hate you SO much right now.

I ordered some Fine American Blend aftershave and a new shave bowl the other day. I already have the same bowl in black and silver but I really wanted the blue and white one to go with my Angel Hair brush. Luckily one of my buddies was looking for a bowl and is taking my old one off of my hands. Trying new shaving crap has turned into my deployment hobby, I can't always drive my RC but I do have to shave everyday.

Last edited:
$4000 worth of body work on Big Red. Thanks inattentive driver!

A bucket, 2 gallons of gas to put in said bucket, carb cleaner, and a Honda 750 v-twin carb gasket set. See where I'm going with this?

Just for you Schrodemode!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 110
I hate you SO much right now.

Well, Schrode, if you had been a little nicer about this perhaps we would have invited you to join us for that incredible Cajun Shrimp he's about to do up.
...then there's that Jambalaya you'll also be missing out on...and not to forget, a day of Zydeco music from the live band.
Maybe NOW you'll change your attitude, young man!

Alpine, come join us. It's cool, Schrode won't be there. :p

Just for you Schrodemode!
I really didn't want to like that. They gave us fried "shrimp" the other night, I've never had to use so much cocktail sauce before.
Never, my attitude is just AWESOME!!!

I picked up a 1 TB HD, and 16 GBs of Crucial RAM for a 13" Macbook Pro that I'm giving to my wife. My buddy gave it to me because he was moving and it needed a new HD, I couldn't pass it up. I'm installing Yosemite on it right now and I should have a basically new Macbook Pro for $155, unless I can't get it to work, then I'll have a 1 TB HD and 16 GBs of RAM for $155.

Last edited:
Picked up a new helmet (Bilt Raptor) and riding jacket. Amazon order came in: AR-15 cleaning bench mat, Glock cleaning bench mat, bag of cleaning patches, motorcycle cover, battery maintainer, a book for the wife (bullets in the washing machine) gun sling for the .22, new trash can, and clear lock with lock pick set so I can learn to pick them. Lol

Well, Schrode, if you had been a little nicer about this perhaps we would have invited you to join us for that incredible Cajun Shrimp he's about to do up.
...then there's that Jambalaya you'll also be missing out on...and not to forget, a day of Zydeco music from the live band.

Alpine, come join us. It's cool, Schrode won't be there. :p

I thought we were all headed over to Digger's place for his famous asphalt surprise?

Chiseled Face Bassline DE Razor, I figured it was worth a shot for $15. I also picked up some of their pre-shave gel and a sample of their Ghost Town Barber aftershave. I also picked up a cover for my Xbox One, I never get to play it and it's getting covered in sand/dirt/sadness.

RC related:
CC Field Link programming card, cheapo soldering iron, a pack of replacement tips, "helping hands", heat shrink, and a beater knife. I also decided to try bushings on my axles, the bearings that hold the pinion didn't last long at all. I've got maybe an hour of runtime on the Wraith and there is a lot of slop in the bearings.

LMAO!
We haven't heard from @digger this year. Maybe his grill finally rusted through. It won't be easy having to switch tastes from southern to Cajun.

I'm not going to miss all the rocks though... maybe I won't chip any teeth this year!