The "What did you buy today?" thread...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Parts for my used LST that I bought 10 years ago, I slapped a new XTM 247 engine in it and barely got it broke in when I shelved it like the rest of my RCs. I pulled it down a few months ago and it fired up and ran but blew a drive axle, now I am going through it and fixing all the issues I see with it. The truck was in a little worse shape then I thought when I bought it. New drive shafts going all the way around it along with a new rear bumper, also the diff supports for it are gone to. I bought a hot racing aluminum diff hold down for the rear shortly after the last time I ran it wish I had bought 2 now the front one is shot also.

A new pair of merrells hiking shoes to replace the ones that were disintegrating the more I wore them (damn my smelly feet, and their need of new shoes). I hate that I couldn't find the exact same ones.
Dinner at Tony Roma's in Banff A,B for the family (mom, and brothers)
B.C lions hat for my lil brother, ah to be 23 and weird, I remember it like it was 10 years ago.
Novelty bow and arrows for my baby brother, he 9, and I know I'm going to regret it.
15 gift shirts for the boys back home, damn Crazy Indians!
4lb of Lego candies for my uncle, he likes Legos, and I thought it'd be funny, I hope his grandchilderen eat whatever he creates, before he can finish....Mwahahahahaha! Then he can send them home to bounce off they're parents walls.
A 2' tall stuffed Olaf for 2yr old baby Emma, she owns me, and she knows it, I'm not ashamed.

Ipad movie/T.V show purchases:
Ex_machina.
Her.
S.H.E.I.L.D season 1, and 2.

The good stuff:
rcaddict fenders, taillight buckets, and RLRTs for the ascender
A set of GCM 12 spokes, and rear axle truss, again for the ascender.

Where did you get the Ascender stuff? I'm looking for some goodies for Big Blaze.

Picked up one of these yesterday http://www.amazon.ca/Shimano-Sonora-4000-Fb-Front-Spin/dp/B0026X95TQ with some 10lb Power Pro braided line from the local fishing store for $66 taxes included. Grabbed one of these as well http://t.basspro.com/LIVETARGET-Walking-Frogs/product/10215507/ I've been hearing great reviews about them locally, online, and on T.V.
Going to head out after dinner to try and get me some Bass, and get the wife out with some minnows on a Pickeral rig, to get some good eating fish for dinner tomorrow.

I have the "plain" version of that diff cover, @griff7373, and the fit and finish on it is second to none.

Axial HD gears for the Yeti, just waiting on the new axle housing

I have the "plain" version of that diff cover, @griff7373, and the fit and finish on it is second to none.

Should be here tomorrow hopefully I can get the LST and the EXO off my bench in the next couple of weeks and then start a re-build thread on the YETI

An Axial NVS light kit. Got sick of trying to get the 3mm LEDs that came with a different mediocre light kit to fit in 5mm light pods, I actually broke one trying to get it to work. This other light kit can go in my Rustler. Amazon.ca had the NVS for $101.99 which is the cheapest I've seen it in Canada for, I ordered one went back to check it out and it had gone up to $114.99

I picked up a nice sunburn today and it was Freeeeee!

2006 Honda Shadow Spirit 750.

I said i wasn't going to get another bike....... oh well.

10k miles on the clock. Paint is starting to fade (i wanna get rid of the flames anyway and go with a matte black finish on tank and fenders so paint did not matter to me) and needs a tune up. The only pitting in the chrome is on the spokes of the wheels and a little bit of peeling on the left rear blinker. Everything else is flawless. Talked the guy down and picked it up for $2,000 cash. I didnt wanna get anything bigger than a 750cc because my wife wants to learn to ride. I dont feel so bad with her possibly (probably) dropping a bike i paid $2k for over something like a new Cruiser that i would have to finance for $10k +.

1ED20B4A-AD0E-45B8-AA1E-B3DDBA0AEE64_zpshwrxk4my.jpg