The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^+1^^ LOL!

Almost a whole page without pics?! What happen ya lose it already?! Lets see some PICS!! :D

I guess I can take some pics of it in pieces. LOL

It won't get run until I get a tuned pipe for it.

I also need to strip all the lame stickers off and paint the outside of the body flat black. Even with a heat gun, the stickers don't want to come off easily.

Thought you bought a new lid though?

Not for the 5ive.

I bought one for the HPI 5SC, but have since canceled it since I want to go in a different direction on it.

Now you tell me. LOL

Never tried doing that with WD40, but it makes sense since I use WD40 to remove any left over sticky residue.

Now you tell me. LOL

Never tried doing that with WD40, but it makes sense since I use WD40 to remove any left over sticky residue.

Sorry, I'm slacking these days. :D

Old bike graphics trick. If you do any stickers when it's done, a 50/50 mix of water and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle will let you slide them around to where you want them, then squegee out the excess and let dry overnight.

I have done that trick a lot using Windex.

Here is a pic of the Zenoah with some goodies installed. Carb does not use a choke.
Turtle Clutch Housing and Carrier are installed along with a Team Chase Diaphragm Filter and Outerwears.
2019.jpg

2020.jpg

Fuel lines replaced with Tygon and Crap Trap added.
2022.jpg

Radio tray with Savox servox and Orion LiFe receiver pack
2021.jpg

Misc spare parts that came in today
2023.jpg

I had more pics, but they got corrupted so I will have to take them over.

So if the old engine will fit a 5b....what would you want for it if you sold it?

Not a matter of if. It is for sale and I just haven't bothered to list it yet. The Losi engine is a direct fit into a Baja since they both use the same engine.

I would be looking for $150 shipped in the USA for the complete engine with carb and 8000 RPM clutch. No air filter or muffler included as shown in these pics.

2015.gif

2016.gif

Turtle braces came in today.
2008.jpg

This will give you an idea how big these are.
2009.jpg

Another idea of scale. Servo saver arm on the left is from the 5ive. Servo saver arm on the right is from the HPI Baja. As I said, the 5ive makes a Baja look like a T-Maxx.
2010.jpg

WOW.....and i thought i was moving to a "big" car when i got the baja

Last edited:
After failing me on the 24th, USPS came through today.

11aaa001.jpg

11aaa002.jpg

11aaa003.jpg

11aaa004.jpg

11aaa005.jpg

11aaa007.jpg

11aaa006.jpg

I got it mounted to the engine and onto the chassis in under 15 minutes.

That looks awesome!

Wow...that is a nice looking rig. Congrats. I think this posting just sold me on selling my B.

Got all the decals removed and sprayed the body with Krylon Ultra Flat Black with Krylon Fusion Hammered Silver.

11aaaasdf001.jpg

11aaaasdf002.jpg

Back