The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. Best to just not think about it and just throw the rig down and go.

What was hard was coming around the track for the first time and not jumping the tabletop properly and landing it on it's rear which crushed both rear fenders. LOL

Not really. Best to just not think about it and just throw the rig down and go.

What was hard was coming around the track for the first time and not jumping the tabletop properly and landing it on it's rear which crushed both rear fenders. LOL

I know what you mean. I was running my first lipo pack through my new RC8.2e this weekend.. you know just kind of shake it out make adjustments. Well I got a little cocky and thought I had a good hold on how punchy that 4s was with that 1900kv motor when my tire caught an edge... and I barrel rolled it across the asphalt driveway. I cringed a bit.. turned it over and saw I completely thrashed the two front aluminum shock caps.. I mean chesse grated the tops.... I then breathed a sigh of relief... the first of many scars out of the way. Now getting it covered in dirt won't be so hard.

Here she is ready for the race on the 29th
DSC03081.jpg

The Traxxas Slash TX box was a little snug with all the wires I had running into it so I swapped it out for one that goes in the ERevo
DSC03083.jpg

Replaced the busted and bent rear shock tower with one from GFR
DSC03084.jpg

The last time at the track I had issues with the vent filter falling off the Kraken fuel cap. No big deal until I flipped it on it's lid and a full tank of gas ran out all over the place before I got to it. Back to the stock cap with a Modified RC filter cap which allowed me to drill a much larger vent hole in the cap.
DSC03085.jpg

Thanks for posting up that pictures my friend. I can only imagine how beefy those shock towers are. If the hinge pins are almost a 1/4 inches thick, I can only imagine how big those towers must be.

It's hard to get an idea of scale from my pics. The rear shock tower is .200 thick.

There's a race this Sunday at the local track that I can actually make it to. I have been out there a few times practicing, but haven't been able to make any races due to being out of town every time they have one. My last race was in Dec which was also my first with the 5ive. It should be interesting since I am now used to the truck and my driving has improved a lot since then.

Go and break some parts, Rob. Make sure you post some pics of the before and after. Pics or it didn't happen.

Good Luck Rob! Can't wait to see some action shots!

Good day of racing. Came home with nothing broken and took 1st in the Sportsmen Main.

I did bring home about 20 lbs of the track caked all over my rig though. LOL

It had so much weight caked on it that it started to bog coming out of the turns. My steering got so bad that I thought I had smoked one of my steering servos. When my race was over I hefted my rig up onto my pit table and the chassis bottomed out and stayed there.

I have some pics of the track layout and my rig after the race I will post.

No carnage???? You must not have been driving it right. lol

Looking forward to the pics.

Pics of the track and my rig after the main. My transponder was buried in over an inch of wet mud which I immediately pulled out which is why it's dangling.

Track11.jpg

Track12.jpg

Track13.jpg

Track14.jpg

Track15.jpg

Track16.jpg

Disgusting....

I like the steering setup. So basically your running like 832oz of tq in steering lol.

That's correct. A single steering servo just doesn't cut it on the 5ive like it does on the Baja.

Here's a vid of the Expert Main which was the race following my Main. You can still see where the track was still damp even after my 20 minute main. It was in the mid 80's yesterday which will give you an idea how wet the track was in places. Between the mains they even spread dry dirt over the really sloppy places.

You can see me turn marshaling a couple of times at the beginning. That area was prone to flipping trucks if you didn't hit the jump correctly.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLK66LfrcbQ&feature"]101 RC Raceway - YouTube[/ame]

Are those "stock" Engines? Those things are hauling some serious tail on that track, and from the look of some of the crashes, those trucks are tough as nails.

Last edited:
Everybody in the expert class are running full mod engines.

The 5ive can take a lot of abuse for a 30lb+ rig.

Awesome man, that looks so f'n fun! Thanks for sharing Rob :D

If you've never driven a 1/5 scale gasser, they are quick even with a "stock" motor. You can get into trouble even quicker than with the smaller scale stuff and do a lot more and more expensive damage.

Back