The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YO__ S___CK What Is missing?

But seriously looking good. Interested in the weight difference between that and a stock Baja. Yeah a 5 min engine change would be nice....lol

yeah teamlosi always about racing would be mainly focusing on everything being able to be taken out quick and worked on with ease.. i noticed on this truck.. how the engine is also at the center of the chassis witch is probably great for CG. also every thing is in the open so you have room to work on. its an awesome concept, i would give it the edge ove the baja for CG and working on. but I'm still looking at different videos and reading up on both these trucks.

Also was reading up on how expensive the body panels are ? mid section is over 100 bucks.. seems like a rip off to me.. if i spent that much on just the mid section i would be worrying about flipping it... so i think i would also get a diff shell.

I would rather replace a mid section for $100 than an entire body that is only damaged in one area for $200. The body panel idea was a good one on Losi's part.

Here is a race with 5ive's that occurred yesterday at the track I will be racing at next year. One of those rigs on the track belongs to FastEddy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArBM-15Iaek"]VID00042.MP4 - YouTube[/ame]

Man they look really slow and sluggish and just push into corners. Is there not really much way to tune them as far as handling and cornering Rob?

Keep in mind they look slow because they are so big. That said, from what I understand they are sluggish on the low/mid end and really benefit from a tuned pipe that boosts low/mid end. As far as handling, they are just as tunable as an 8th scale truggy/buggy.

Hows that engine your going to run compare?

Stock CY26 that is on the 5ive is about 3hp.

The stock Zenoah G290RC which my motor is based off is about 3.5hp.

As with a nitro, the pipe makes a huge difference in performance with any motor.

Nice looking rig Rob.... I thought I wanted the HPI Stadium.... I think I may reconsider my wish. I think a 5th scale will be the next new RC that I own. It will take some time however because of the price tag that comes with rigs of that size. Patience is reward so I have heard so I will wait. Until that day comes I will live vicariously through you! LOL

I thought they rolled really good, according to the scale. Very stable and very smooth in the air.
Tell Ed it was nice not seeing any close-ups of him.

Here is my list of Losi fails so far.

Analog T/B servo
No additional hardware like extra body clips
4 bolts need to be removed in order to remove the body/cage

For $1600 they could have matched the steering servo and used a digital T/B servo. Maybe it would have increased the price point more than what they wanted.

However, there is no excuse for not providing extra body clips. Are you kidding me? These are not the same size body clips you see on other RC including the HPI Baja. They are twice as big so it's not likely guys will have some laying around. Of course Losi sells a package of them for $9.

The body is held in place with 2 clips in the front and 2 clips in the rear. It also uses 2 bolts on each side. What a PITA this is. To refuel you have to remove the body which becomes a big deal if you have to remove bolts. There is also an aluminum insert in the cage that is pressed fit in that the bolt threads into. If you aren't careful, the insert could fall out and get lost. Since they don't include any extras, you are screwed. I'm sure someone will come up with a quick release at some point.

Losi issued a service bulletin for the 5ive.

5IVE-T Product Bulletin
It has come to our attention that a small quantity of the 5IVE-T trucks were assembled with a shorter than correct length screw to attach the front gear box/skid plate. Before operating your 5IVE-T please remove and check the two front most 6mm flathead screws from the bottom of the chassis and confirm they are ¾”/20mm long. If they are not please call Losi Service @ (909) 390-9595 Ext. 300 and you will be sent the longer screws. Under no circumstances should you operate the 5IVE-T with the shorter screws. We apologize for this error and thank you for your help correcting it.

The 2 FH bolts on mine came up short. Guess I will swap them out for the proper ones.

The pinion bolt on mine was not tightened down all the way either. It was a tad tighter than being finger tight and took almost no effort to remove.

This is one of the reasons I tear down a RTR. I want to be sure everything is up to snuff so there are no assembly related issues when I run it. Getting to know how the rig is put together is the other reason.

Next on the table is checking the diffs to make sure there is enough fluid in them.

I'll be picking up and running the Bartolone pipe once it comes back into stock. I have confirmed that the track I will be racing at has no pipe restrictions. :D

I also have a pair of Savox 235's on the way. The stock steering servo will be kept as a spare and the stock T/B servo is going to feebay.

Here is my list of Losi fails so far.

Analog T/B servo
No additional hardware like extra body clips
4 bolts need to be removed in order to remove the body/cage

I've never gotten any extra parts in a new Losi box. Yet other RCs I've gotten plenty of replacement parts.

I would like to point out that none of the changes I am making are required for the 5ive. It is a solid rig out of the box. There are guys complaining on other sites saying that a rig at this price point should not require any upgrades. Clearly these are guys who either are pissed they can't get one or are fanboys of other 5th scales. Bottom line, as with any other rig, upgrades come to to a need vs want preference of the owner.

I would like to point out that none of the changes I am making are required for the 5ive. It is a solid rig out of the box. There are guys complaining on other sites saying that a rig at this price point should not require any upgrades. Clearly these are guys who either are pissed they can't get one or are fanboys of other 5th scales. Bottom line, as with any other rig, upgrades come to to a need vs want preference of the owner.

I have to agree with your sentiment of want vs need. I want all kinds of upgrades. Do I need them? Not really, but bling looks cool.

Here is a list of items I feel are "needed" for the 5ive.

Team Chase chassis protector (Cheap sacrificial piece to protect a very expensive chassis. A front chassis protector is on the way for Team Chase as well.)
Team Chase carb diaphragm filter
Tygon fuel lines
In-line crap trap
Outerwears on pullstart and air filter

:p: CRAP TRAP :p:

havent heard that in a while......LOL

This is boring, wheres more pics or some vid of this thing?

Back