The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man Rob that is a hell of a nice looking RC. I really wish I had the change to drop on it. It is looking bad ass. I think I would drop a O'Neill long rod engine in it if I ended picking one up.

Little update...

5ive will race in it's first race this Sunday. I will get some better pics of the finished product outside on Sat when I fire it up and give it a brief break-in.

There will be a spec class this coming season at the track which means I will need to run a CY26 with can in order to qualify. Great part about the 5ive is that it only takes minutes to do a motor swap if the other motor is all setup. I have a spare 26cc that was taken out of my 5SC so I am going to set it up to do just that. All I need is the air cleaner, clutch bell and an 18T pinion with spacers. I have purchased the air cleaner and pinion stuff, but will hold off on the clutch bell until someone releases a machined bell. The stock welded bell is garbage.

Can you get a short vid of it running on your road? Looks great too man.

SEXY SEXY!!!!!! That thing is BAD........

Today I drove the 5ive for essentially the first time. Had a little bit of trouble in the morning getting it started and running after letting it idle for a little over half a tank yesterday. It was sloppy rich since I had a ton of oil coming out of the pipe and also a fouled plug. A new plug and resetting of the needles back to factory and it started right up.

I literally beat the living poop out of this rig and it kept coming back for more. I finished both heats and the main despite my driving and loosing the screw on my right rear shock shaft minutes after starting the 20 minute main.

I love the sound and performance of the Bartolone pipe and the Dogpile Immortal Child ran great. It died a few times in the first heat during my numerous tumbles. That issue went away after I leaned the needles a little for the second heat. I leaned it a bit more for the main it it got even stronger. I can tell I have a little more to do and it will be perfect from top to bottom.

I inspected the truck when I got home and as suspected, the screw on the shock shaft is my only issue. This means that nothing broke. If this had been one of my Baja's, it would have come home in pieces. LOL

I am thoroughly impressed with the 5ive!

Very nice truck Rob definately top shelf, btw forget "not hating the player and hate the game" I hate you both:)

I watched your first race. I'm glad your truck is black, I was able to spot it no problem the entire time. I saw some crazy crashes from you and it really surprised me that they keep running so well, pretty dang cool.

I had 2 issues in my first run.

One was from lack of experience driving it. I was used to the Baja where you let off the gas when in the air to keep from toasting the gears. Not so with the 4x4 5ive. When I let off coming off the table top, I immediately went end over end.

The other was too much pre-load on the springs in my rear shocks. It was causing me to get kicked over on the smaller jumps.

I was making adjustments between each race and got a lot better in the second heat and the main. I still can't believe I managed to run almost an entire race without the benefit of one of my rear shocks. Keep in mind that it wasn't just a blown shock and I lost all fluid. The shaft literally came out of the shock body.

Here is some footage of the start of the 4x4 main. Mine is the primer black truck that started way in the back. It is the only one that color.

I had flashes of greatness at the beginning since I made my way from last to second in under a lap. Then at some point before coming around the turn to the front straight my shock screw came out and I steadily started loosing ground. It was a handful going over the little jumps on the front straight after that happened.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evq0_hWYj0Q"]101 RC Raceway - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks great. Good move installing the Futaba radio.

Did you like the track?

It was a lot tighter than the other large scale off-road track I have raced on, but I liked it.

Before and after pics.....

Before
1aaasaaadf008.jpg

1aaasaaadf010.jpg

1aaasaaadf009.jpg

1aaasaaadf011.jpg

After LOL
1aaasaaadf012.jpg

1aaasaaadf013.jpg

1aaasaaadf014.jpg

A little duct tape and the body will be good to go.

Pic of the shock that lost the screw. Went around the track about 19 minutes like this. Looks like the shaft end rubbed a bit too much on the inside of the wheel and ground down a good portion of the shoulder. I will have to replace it. The bottom plastic shock cap also got roached.
1aaasaaadf015.jpg

LMAO! That body is trashed! Wow. Cool though cuz thats pretty realistic of a real SC.

I don't plan on replacing any panels until parts of them start flying off. LOL

Mind if this pretty girl comments?:hehe:

Thats such a sick rig Rob I am jealous of your money girth lol.

Badass job with the body, its so scale its crazy!

Here is some footage of the start of the 4x4 main. Mine is the primer black truck that started way in the back. It is the only one that color.

I had flashes of greatness at the beginning since I made my way from last to second in under a lap. Then at some point before coming around the turn to the front straight my shock screw came out and I steadily started loosing ground. It was a handful going over the little jumps on the front straight after that happened.

101 RC Raceway - YouTube

Deng dude your truck is running great, seriously you know you did a good setup on your truck when you can go from the back of the pack to the front.. Seriously i bet your truck was probably the most modified and nicely tuned out there. good job !!!

Well she's not a virgin anymore. Very nice rig and maybe I'll have to add one to the fleet. Damn my wife is sleeping and I can sense her eyes of fury already.

Installed a few bits.

Team Chase Steering Arm which has bearings and greatly reduces slop that the stocker had.
111a11a007.jpg

TGN Fuel Line clamp which has a large enough bore to fit the Tygon Lines. The stock clamp smished the lines.
111a11a008.jpg

Team FastEddy 1 degree rear toe plate. Stock is 3 degrees. 5ive pushes badly in the turns while on power. Since a front one-way is not an option, I am going to try this out and change the way I approach the turns on the track.
This is a prototype piece. The production pieces are marked differently and are anodized smurf blue.
111a11a009.jpg

all3toe-XL.jpg

Back