So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ran out of fuel yesterday, so I dropped by this new hobby shop that opened up and bought the only gallon of fuel they had for $20. It’s Omega 15%. I was using the sidewinder 20%. With a slight tweakof the tune it’s running good again. Seems like this motor stays in the 230-245 degree range. If I remove my insulation around the head it drops to less than 200.
It’s probably just me but it sounds like it idles high, I adjust the LSN a bit richer by maybe one minute and it goes too low. My idle gap is about .45mm now. Don’t run this fuel in a car it’s actually for airplanes. It has like 17%fuel or something stupid. I’m going to burn through it and never buy it again, for a car anyway.

Last edited:

The age old debate amongst Traxxas nitro truck owners is:

Which is faster? The tmaxx or the revo?

Not a totally fair debate but proof that a stock revo, when tuned decently, can run with just about anything. Yes, it was slower. But, I was running the tmaxx that has an OS 21tm. On fuel with less oil.

I had to set idling waiting on him for about 35-40 seconds. It’s right on the edge of fat on the bottom end as well. But, it runs very well. So does the revo.

Take care of those Traxxas carbs. They run if you do.

Ran the old ‘Pede this morning. First time running Nitro after a minor surgical procedure. It was awesome! Best therapy there is😎

DB1E5BD2-E149-4FF1-AD96-731F2A2B8600.jpeg

View attachment 184566View attachment 184567

Will be burning some in a couple hours 😁 lost the throttle on the Vorza yesterday, the servo has always sounded funny right out the box, will swap it out and hopefully get to run it. Tmaxx is running great
How do you like the vorza? I’m about nitro’ed out. I’m done with my personal projects minus my 2.5 tmaxx. I’ve got another tmaxx a friend is bringing me to bring back to life for him. Was thinking of picking up one of these in a roller. Or, a 3.3 roller. Going to is 21 the revo if that’s the way I go. Or dynamite the vorza.

Does it have good power with the stock motor?

How do you like the vorza? I’m about nitro’ed out. I’m done with my personal projects minus my 2.5 tmaxx. I’ve got another tmaxx a friend is bringing me to bring back to life for him. Was thinking of picking up one of these in a roller. Or, a 3.3 roller. Going to is 21 the revo if that’s the way I go. Or dynamite the vorza.

Does it have good power with the stock motor?

Well I can only compare it to the tmaxx 2.5, it obviously smokes that 😂 but just getting into rc with my son. We just bash with em in the yard, fixing to get a little track built in the back when it dries and we get the gardens in.

Don't forget to check/set your servo endpoints, even on new RTR rigs.

Newbie mistake 😂, just like right after I swapped out the steering one, I did set the end points, but didn’t pay attention to which way it was actually steering, so started it up took off, and drove it right into the side of the shed 😂😂😂

The throttle servo has always made a weird noise right out of the box, would buzz as soon as you turned it on, we just sent it 😂.

Burned about 250mL today, in 3 different RCs: the carson dazzler, smartech winner and T2M serie 5000.
It was in this order because the dazzler broke within 10 seconds because the previous guy repaired it with plaster. The smartech winner's exhaust fuel pin disassembled itself and it's glueing now. The T2M handled very goofy but it didn't let me down👍 extremely undergeared with small tires with hardly any grip. I'll post a vid soon. I already changed the clutchbell from 14t to 18t, looking to order some better tires. You could hear it overrev at hardly 30kmh🤣

Last edited:
You could hear it overrev at hardly 30kmh🤣
So I changed the clutchbell from 14t to 18t, used way more grippy tires with a bigger diameter, and now the handling is everything but "goofy". I only tried it in my backyard with a too rich LSN but that thing pulls!!

Edit: the suspension looks way more realistic than in other 1/10ths which probably gives the acceleration a stronger effect. I used 2000cst oil in the shocks. Now when it accelerates, the car slowly moves it's back down and rebounces very slowly too. I like the way it looks but if it's bad please tell me

Last edited:
Got to love the smell of nitro ... or it burns your eyes and gags you. Lol
I'm on the love it side!
Got an old survivor out, one of the first model losi eight t , this one now sports an ofna .32 and jamming pipe, original tires and body with the whole forvthe antenna. It just rips!!!

20240416_155821.jpg

20240416_155928.jpg