So who burned some nitro today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a new inferno , but we're buried in snow n mud , so I'm running my rampage , gas but not nitro , but dam that thing is fun !

Slightly outdated but 2 weeks ago I drove my GS racing vision for some tanks before the wheel came off and the wheel axle crashed RIGHT into a brick🤦‍♂️🥲 Atleast I'm sure the engine works now👍

Atleast I'm sure the engine works now👍
Is it OK for the engine to run rich on low RPM and "perfect" on the high? Because the carb I'm using maybe isn't the original one and it only has one fuel adjustment needle

Is it OK for the engine to run rich on low RPM and "perfect" on the high? Because the carb I'm using maybe isn't the original one and it only has one fuel adjustment needle

That's the old school way to do it, and that's also exactly why 2-needle carbs were developed for land use, to offer a secondary "idle tune"

Really love this old ‘Pede. It runs so great 😁😎👍🏻

F4A42A77-6E49-4D5D-9D73-05C737B5CBF6.jpeg

I run a court and a half through mine on Saturday and Sunday. Finished breaking a new motor in and then tuning it up. I love nitro. This thing is flat out running like a scalded dog.

Yesterday and today I have been attempting to break in the SH motor on my restored XTM XTerminator buggy. Last night was tough keeping it going after removing the plug igniter but this evening has seemed to be easier starting and idling better. It just idles high and I can’t seem to get it to idle low enough to prevent wheel spin. Runs super rich right now, it’s about 25 degrees and I have not mucked with the LSN or idle adjustment too much, other than getting a good 1/16+ gap for idle

Last edited:
I'll be burning nitro in about 6 months, i just got given a new project from my uncle its a nitro car (i say car cause i can't tell whether its a monster truck or some sort of truggy/short course truck) at the moment the biggest problem is figuring out what car it is, all i have is that its got a metal chassis, 8 shocks in what's like quadruple wishbone suspension and a sh .28 engine, so in about 6-12 months i should have a working nitro car to burn with

IMG-8183.jpg
IMG-8190.jpg

I ran the Xtm today, one of the last tanks for break in! It’s hard to keep temps up when it’s below freezing. It’s starting to come alive. The go pro was dead when I got to the spot, no video. I had an exhaust leak and the throttle link rod is bent so it opens up the idle gap after using the brake. Talk about tuning issues.

Sounds a bit high on the idle so there’s that. The gap is set at .5mm, any minor LSN adjustment makes it idle too low.

It drifts well on wet asphalt with bald duratrax lockups! 😆
I have some old bald Duratrax 🤭
20221207_161713.jpg