Pull start will not move with glow plug in.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireturtle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My nitro car was working fine until I gave the controller to my little cousin and he crashed it full speed into a rock. Something with the steering snapped, so I ran the car on idle until the tank was empty and left it in the garage for about two weeks. When the new parts finally came I quickly replaced them and tried to start the car. I primed the engine and soon the pull start was stuck. I thought I hydrolocked the engine so I took out the glow plug, tested it, and turned the car over to empty the engine as usual. When the pull start still didn't move, I disconnected the fuel line to see if the hydro locked engine really was the problem. No matter what I did, as long as the glow plug was in the engine, it would not move. If it was not in the engine, the pull start worked fine. What could be the problem?

My nitro car was working fine until I gave the controller to my little cousin and he crashed it full speed into a rock. Something with the steering snapped, so I ran the car on idle until the tank was empty and left it in the garage for about two weeks. When the new parts finally came I quickly replaced them and tried to start the car. I primed the engine and soon the pull start was stuck. I thought I hydrolocked the engine so I took out the glow plug, tested it, and turned the car over to empty the engine as usual. When the pull start still didn't move, I disconnected the fuel line to see if the hydro locked engine really was the problem. No matter what I did, as long as the glow plug was in the engine, it would not move. If it was not in the engine, the pull start worked fine. What could be the problem?
Did you clear it by working the pull start while the car is upside-down with the glow plug out? It might still be hydro locked if there's fuel/oil in the crank, it wouldn't empty out just by tipping it over, it needs a few pulls upside-down.

Is it possible the carb settings got set too rich, and it's flooding again even after your clear it?