So, What R/C Did You Run Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will settle this like men, no need to get the law or insurance involved if ya know what I mean 🤣
Gentlemen, pick your grudge match weapons!
20240417_174834.jpg

I couldn't take it anymore. It was time for the yearly one hour weed whackin'/grass trimming event last night. After getting the track into better shape; I ran an eBuggy w/Badlands to break up the top layer of dirt, and I was able to run a couple SCTs before sunset.
1714048664723.png
I don't talk to my neighbors much, if at all, as they live on the other side of the road. I'm sure the "nitpicker" neighbor would be giving me the "what for" talk if he were my next door neighbor, and my dust/dirt floated on to his property. :stick::banana:

Great place for a track, Rusty. All that open land. To die for. Looks like there are couple of off-camber corners to making laps interesting.

When on a roll, keep rollin'. Did a throw down with another truck on the backyard scrambles track yesterday. DragSpec Rustler this time with a set of GrassSpec tires on 2.2 wheels. JC Carvers up front and P-L Holeshots in the rear. Strange. Last time running the Holeshots they would not hook up. This time no problem. Thinking because of having more power this time around. 3250Kv sensorless instead of the previous 27T brushed.

Didn't change any of the pre-loads from the DragSpec settings. Rusty turned left great. Turning right, not so much so. Also, the heavy duty TRX drive shafts are a bit larger in diameter than the stocks and jammed in grass between the half-shaft and the lower arm. Not a biggie for the sprints run on this track. Might be an issue for a full-pack event.

Image show spacing on the start-finish cones. Rules package allows for two wheels off track, but not four. Cones spaced accordingly. Displacing, striking or upsetting a cone results in a 2 second penalty.

Good having the backyard track up and running again. Forgot how much fun it is. Cheers. -AC

Attachments

• 20240424_141958_resize.jpg
    20240424_141958_resize.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240424_141934_resize.jpg
    20240424_141934_resize.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I couldn't take it anymore. It was time for the yearly one hour weed whackin'/grass trimming event last night. After getting the track into better shape; I ran an eBuggy w/Badlands to break up the top layer of dirt, and I was able to run a couple SCTs before sunset.
View attachment 188541I don't talk to my neighbors much, if at all, as they live on the other side of the road. I'm sure the "nitpicker" neighbor would be giving me the "what for" talk if he were my next door neighbor, and my dust/dirt floated on to his property. :stick::banana:
Man, that is sweet!

From that pic, it looks like an ideal spot for rc flying.....but, I'm betting you get a bit of strong wind there as well.

Man, that is sweet!

From that pic, it looks like an ideal spot for rc flying.....but, I'm betting you get a bit of strong wind there as well.
If you only knew🌬️💨. I ain't gonna lie... the wife and I give each other that look (get frightened) a lot mainly during harsh winter winds making the house shift/creek.

I often check out aircraft for potential purchasing, but nothing yet. I'm done buying any more RC cars so maybe in the near future an aircraft of some sort will show up. A couple of years ago I really wanted an A-10 as their full size counterparts are amazing.

If you only knew🌬️💨. I ain't gonna lie... the wife and I give each other that look (get frightened) a lot mainly during harsh winter winds making the house shift/creek.

I often check out aircraft for potential purchasing, but nothing yet. I'm done buying any more RC cars so maybe in the near future an aircraft of some sort will show up. A couple of years ago I really wanted an A-10 as their full size counterparts are amazing.
Aye, mate. Looks like glider country to me. . . ;)