Sirio S27RE .27

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revo3.3Racer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What do you guys think about a Sirio S27RE in revo 3.3? The price is good and it comes with everything to get started . the mount and everything else.
How much tanks is required for breakin for this engine ? Anybody know what the breakin method for this engine is ?

Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Patrick

if you get the engine brand new it should come with instructions if not i would google the engine and see what type of info you get for it

Heat cycle method for the engine break in. I personally say ALL nitro engines with a tapered sleeve....(meaning all but ringed engines) should be heat cycled. The only ringed engines are a few aircraft mills. Do a search on this forum and there is a TON of information about how to do it correctly.

Didn't you just get a brand new 3.3 from traxxas for free. Why would you want another already you just broke that one in? Just wondering...
:\

I'm looking for a more powerful engine because I race with my buddys and at my local track.I'm just planning on using the 3.3 as a spare.

I have had the s27 in my revo for somewhere around 9 months. I am just barely feeling like I have an idea of how to tune it (there was a hurricane break in there for about 4 months).
Silly power. You will definitely learn alot about your drivetrain. Mine is geared 17/38 locked in 2nd and still am managing to strip wheel hexes when everything else isn't dialed in right.
Mine did not come with carb settings or break in procedure. I have had to do some experimenting with plugs and fuel %s over the time I have had it. Frustrating at times.
Also, you will need to change your gearing and pipe. I haven't tried it, but the resonator will not work on that engine. I went to a JP3 side pipe. Gearing was 19/36 before locking into 2nd and going 17/38.
And a few more things along with it.
But it is a pretty powerful engine and fun. Definitely more $$ than I imagined, but that has always been my story.

sick engine for racing complex tracks.. if your about just doing straight speed runs up and down the block the 3.3 if faster upstairs.. i had the Sirio geared 19/36 when i was bashing and 17/38 for racing.. whatever combo you run wheelies are never a problem..if you like wheelies that is.. deffinitly a quality mill and very easy to tune if you know a thing or two. i ran trinity monster power 25% and it runs perfect i tried 30% in the beginning and all it wanted to do is overheat go figure.. i have mine up for sale if anyone is interested.. i went with a true bigblock and the sirio will no longer fit on my mount.