RCNT Winter Bash '04

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few photos to get you guys drooling. The first 4 pictures are of NA's buggy.

61na_buggy1-med.jpg

61na_buggy2-med.jpg

61na_buggy3-med.jpg

61rooster_tail-med.jpg

Here is a picture of the 18ft tall driver stand!!!
61driver_stand-med.jpg

This is a picture for HB. Thankfully the LHS had the replacement part. It was the one for the RTR version. Until I can figure out how to remove the screw from the metal piece.
61broken-med.jpg

More to come...

yeah what did ya hit? Plus you have like 6 plastic stock ones. the are different degrees so be careful.

Last edited:
That Track is awesome! I wish I had one like that near by. I can't wait to see more pics and video. I know Imbroken took his Digi vid Cam with him. I haven't talked to his wife yet, I'm curious if him and Kevin had any issues traveling with the RC stuff??

blazer - mcvickj hit the back wall coming off a jump when u sheared those bolts.

msly - imbroken and kevin had no problems at all on the plane. everything made it just fine. we went back out to the track last night and did some bashing with all the toys under the lights. lots more good pics. video will probably come out today. this evening we are going to Race Rock, a racing enspired 3 story tourist restaurant. Last night we all went to Hooters, had some wings and beer, then came back to my place and played some pool on my pool table, some darts, and watched the first xxxmain video, then xxxmain2.

damn JR that sucks about the airport. Where are missing parts right now? Were you able to take them back to your house or do you have to collect them at the airport?

Were you guys hanging around in your underwear's?? :wedgie:

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
blazer - mcvickj hit the back wall coming off a jump when u sheared those bolts.

msly - imbroken and kevin had no problems at all on the plane. everything made it just fine. we went back out to the track last night and did some bashing with all the toys under the lights. lots more good pics. video will probably come out today. this evening we are going to Race Rock, a racing enspired 3 story tourist restaurant. Last night we all went to Hooters, had some wings and beer, then came back to my place and played some pool on my pool table, some darts, and watched the first xxxmain video, then xxxmain2.
:wedgie:

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
blazer - mcvickj hit the back wall coming off a jump when u sheared those bolts. Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun.

Yeah those screws were spares, honestly they need to be the hardened screws with the dimples and I take responability for that as i did not have anymore that were not bent!

Last edited:
Well, today went quite well. the four of us, plus two guys from here in orlando, and another guy who came from RC Universe were there. we took lots of pics, and tons of video. we will post some pics soon, the video will have to wait a bit since we dont have the firewire here. and - everyone broke except.........the RCU guy with his Ofna LX Pro. Thing takes a beating. I sheared a bolt the other day, and just pushed everything together, had some major carnage today, but was able to just bend everything back into shape. no problem. still running at the end of the day. MCVickj broke the rear bolts today, just like the front ones, and another front bolt as well. Imbroken kept sheading bulkhead bolts like they were going out of style, and Kevin shattered his gas tank. We are on our way to the hobby shop to get parts and then on to Race Rock. Will be watching teh video here at the house first though on the TV.

That track is brutal!!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast though!!! When Mcvickj gets screws see if the have the hardened ones with the dimples on the head.

Gentlemen and NA,
Have a great time this weekend bashing your RCs and gallivanting. Please take lots of pics and videos for the rest of us to drool over. I'm stuck here in rainy CA while you guys are having fun.

I actually had a dream last night that I was there as well as RobH. He looked funny walking around with a broken nose and his buggy up his ass with the engine head poking out and a glow stick attached, but thats for another thread.

Have fun.

Last edited:
Glad to see u guys are having a good time. Track looks awesome, but I'm afraid of how many peices my Maxx is going to be in when I try it out myself in a couple of months.

It's no big deal HB. Luckly the LHS had the parts I needed to get me back up and running. I left all of my extra parts in Michigan. I am still trying to figure out why I left them.

RobH - I had to leave my Hyper 8 port, the fuel tank for the Savage, the fuel tank for the Storm, all of my used fuel line and my fuel bottle. I had to really convince him to let my RG on. ImBroken didn't have any problems bringing his stuff on his flight. Most of us are thinking the guy I had to deal with was just being an ass and abusing his power.

ImBroken has some sweet footage and some great pictures.

Here is another picture of the same damage I took yesterday. The same side no less! I also managed to sheer a screw in the rear. I was able to get that one out. Whew....

61broken2-med.jpg

The next 3 pictures are some of the damage NA's buggy took. When we went to the LHS to buy parts he decided to scrap getting the parts and bought a NIB rolling chassis. So at least we know he will still be running by the end of Saturday.

61na_damage1-med.jpg

61na_damage2-med.jpg

61na_damage3-med.jpg

That is it for now. I didn't really get any great action shots worth posting.

Damn man! Looks like that track likes to eat up buggies! heheh What kind are they?!?!?!

Wish I was there man - hope you guys have an absolute blast!!!! Tell everyone the wife says hello too! lol

Here are a select few from the latest batch....

A picture of NA's buggy in mid flight.

61na_buggy4-med.jpg

I thought these things were not supposed to break?

61broken_rpm_aarms-med.jpg

A picture of NCNitro showing us his flying skills with his Savage.

61savage4-med.jpg

Another picture of NA showing us his buggy in mid air.

61na_buggy7-med.jpg

A pic of the gang on the drivers stand..

61the_gang_track-med.jpg

Can you see whats wrong in this picture??? Hey Joe I think its time for the 4 spider mod.

61broken_diff-med.jpg

ImBroken was trying to break something before he left. This is all he could do. Along with some A-arms and a few turnbuckles.

61tmaxx_damage-med.jpg

NA's new friend...

61na_with_friend-med.jpg

There is a lot more to post but it is getting late and I am almost out of power on the laptop.

You guys are killing me. I wanted so much to b there. I'm stuck her babysittin Grandpa and yall out there breakin sh*t. Jealous is all I can say. I hope all are having fun.(looks like it)! And have a safe trip home.

I find it more than humorous that NA is the only one who needed a "box" to stand up to the rest of the drivers. What's up with that NA, feeling a little self-conscious amongst the trees?

Great pictures!

Yea I wish I went now...especially since its below 10 degrees here on the Island...well there is always next year.... Certainly want to make the trip to chris's house again.... Only if Woodie goes though LOL

Hey!!! You makin short jokes....
gbn

Hey, msly! Whats the deal. You got it goin on 4 WoodiE? Huh. Huh>

Originally posted by RoadRunner
Hey!!! You makin short jokes....
gbn

Hey, msly! Whats the deal. You got it goin on 4 WoodiE? Huh. Huh>

He is just such a handsome young man LOL
bighitit.gif

Last edited: