RCNT Winter Bash '04

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Possible RCNT Winter Bash Fest 2004?

UPDATE

595WB1-med.jpg

Original Text

Alright, been kinda throwing this idea around a little bit here and there, but i wanted to get an accurate count as to who might be interested. Here is my idea, with some details.

Winter RCNT Bash, January 2004

When: 3-4 day weekend sometime in the beginning of Jan '04
Where: Orlando, FL - where it is still nice out, about 60degrees

Take a look at my gallery for the photos of the off road track. I have already spoken to the owner and he said he would be more than happy to rent it to us for the entire day at only 50.00

We also have a couple of onroad tracks here, but the on roads didnt seem to go over so well at the last bash, so we may leave that out, and go with a simple park bash like we did in Buffalo.

For the wives/children: I would like to plan one day or evening to attend one of the theme parks. I can get discounts due to my Work, do we can get tickets in advance and save some cash.

For the Poor: I have room at my house for 3 adults, no children. So anyone that wants to come, but is limited on cash flow can stay with me free of charge. Again, take a look in my gallery to see my house.

For the Poor with kids: I live right next the the Intl Airport, and the hotels are very very cheap. Basic economy hotels are about 25.00 a night, with the nicer holiday inns and such going for about 45.00

I can also pick anyone up who needs a ride from the airport, and help anyone get rental cars if they want them.
======================================

Post here if this is something you think you might be interested in.

I know we have about 3 or 4 of us who live in the central florida area, so that is already a good start.

Last edited:
I was wondering when I was going to see a post on this topic. :) You know I would be interested. I would just have to figure out how to get my toys down there. Most likely USPS or UPS.

You can box up your toys and the airline will ship them with your luggage. I routinely carry my E-maxx on board the plane. Gets some wierd looks, but they always let me on.

Originally posted by RAMTech-RC
You can box up your toys and the airline will ship them with your luggage. I routinely carry my E-maxx on board the plane. Gets some wierd looks, but they always let me on.

review my posts on bringing my starter box in my luggage to the East coast Bash, and u will see why he has concerns, lol.

That's a good idea NA. The weather is nice and airfair to Orlando is cheap too. We, however, won't be able to make it. Our travel funds for next year are going to be diverted into putting a new deck on the house. Can you say Jacuzzi? :banana:

Hope you guys have fun if it works out.

$ 2,000 for my deck, $8,000 for the hot tub and 6,000 for wood floors and I'm still going to come.

We should get a date going. I will use this as a layover on my way fishing in Costa Rica.

Eddy - I wanted to see the response first, before going ahead with a date.

I was thinking of making it either a 3 or 4 day weekend, Thurs-Sun, or Fri-Sun - preferrably in the first two weeks of Jan. But I am open to any and all suggestions. December, or feb would be okay too.

NA, I like the idea and the time. Let me see if I can take some time off work and go bash in Florida. $25 a night in a hotel, tell me they're not that expensive??? Just kidding. I think I can afford a trip during that timeframe. Maybe I can convince Sky he needs to leave his wife for a weekend in Florida, I wonder if he'll be wearing the red or the blue dress on the trip. Maybe Error can come with us too.

Well, so far - it seems we have a Definitive YES vote from :

Nitroaddict
Nitromaniac
NCNitro
Fast Eddy
MCvickj

I know El Pirata and Sky have tossed the Idea around a little bit, and I am sure we could get WoodiE and Christian to go with enough talking.

Dont a couple of other members live in Tampa and Miami?

How are the dates for everyone - ideas on date/time?

Error - where ya at???

Plus - Imbroken/Msly - wanna enjoy the sun in the winter time?

NA- U can count me in. As u already know I have family in Tampa. At least I'll get a preview in the next couple of months.

For sure Team - ur gonna be here in November, right?

EVERYONE: Please post your ideas for an itenerary, as well as dates that would suit you best. If you are interested in possibly staying with me, lemmi know, so i dont over book my house.

Yep! Alraedy got the car rental reserved. I'll start driving down on Oct. 30. Should arrive the next day and I'll be in town for the rest of that week.

cool - we will definitly hook up

I still have ur phone numbers in my PM. When the date gets closer I'll call u.

This sounds extremely tempting..... I'm gonna start checking the airfares out...lol Screw the Theme parks.... I could spend all wekend at that track.....

Originally posted by ImBroken
Screw the Theme parks.... I could spend all wekend at that track.....

if everyone really doesn't wanna go, we can axe the theme park idea, but Universal Islands of Adventure has been rated the best theme park in the World for 3 years in a row now, trust me, its da bomb, and its geared more to young adults, rather than small children

Sup lads,

Florida huh.......I've got a beach house in South Beach Miami (prime real estate). It can comfortably sleep 6 adults @ two per bedroom and two more on the couches. I rent it out to tourists now but is should be avaliable at that time. I'd be happy to let some people use it assuming that it doesn't get trahsed (of course) and it's clean when everyone leaves (their's a made service actually but she doesn't clean up big messes). It's 10 minutes from the Finest clubs in Miami and all of the other fine night life.

Peace

Dude - I'm there!!!! LOL - South Beach RCNT Party!

Too bad its about 3 1/2 hours away from Orlando

Back