RCNT Winter Bash '04

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by El Pirata
You just now thought of this??? Now I know why I like you, you're really quick to figure things out!!! :D

Which part? The driving part, or the breaking stuff part?

for all those who have been discussing driving - its easy. takes about 18 hours going the speed limit from NYC. Easy drive with several peeps.

UPDATE:

For those that are interested in coming to the Winter Bash. Here are some prices for hotels and rental cars.

*** Stars

Comfort Inn - $47.00
Masters Inn - $36.00
Quality Inn - $48.00
Econolodge - $27.00 <--------- WOW!
Ramada Inn - $41.00

**** Stars
Raddison Resort - $81.00
Holiday Inn Suites - $72.00
Sheriton Resort - $85.00

Enterprise Rent a Car

Ford Focus, Unlimited Mileage - $29.00/day

Olds Alero, Unlimited Mileage - $35.00/day

Uh, Pirata, his rommie and I (maybe Sky also) are gonna need something a bit bigger to haul the "Armada", support equipment, fuel, a ton of spare parts (mostly EP's) and our sorry arses all the way down there.

Just roughly estimating I'm thinking that there will be around 3 to 7 MT's and at least 2 buggys, plus fuel for at least 2 days.

I can see us getting pulled over, and the trooper thinking we're some terrorists with all that crap in a car.

Unless this occurs between the 1st and the 10th, I'm a no-show. Sorry guys, have to be in Fallon, Nevada for a month of training starting Monday the 12th.

Timing, as they say, is everything...and lately, I don't have it.

I think the date was tentative, but I could be wrong on that.

Originally posted by error401
Uh, Pirata, his rommie and I (maybe Sky also) are gonna need something a bit bigger to haul the &quot;Armada&quot;, support equipment, fuel, a ton of spare parts (mostly EP's) and our sorry arses all the way down there.
Boy, like I said, you're really smart!!!

Just trying my hardest to state the blatently obvious. Glad to see the power is back on at your place. Tag, you're it.

I'm it. Cool beans. Now what do I do??? Maybe chat with a buddy on AIM but he's not online. Hmmmm....

He who is it tries his hardest to state the blatently obvious.

I'll be online in a bit. I gotta brush my dog, start the laundry process, email some pix from the track today, and get some hydration back in my system. Oh yeah, and do some much needed downloading.

Getting back to the thread at hand.... Have we decided on a possible date for this bash? I'm really thinking of making the trip...

I'm down with just about any date in Jan. or Feb. SkyMaxx said that the first dates mentioned conflicted with a training thing he had to go on.

I think we should start a "get NA a friggin home internet hookup" fund, since the only time he posts is on weekdays during business hours. Hell, I've got an old piece that I'd give him if he's got the hookup.

Maybe the first weekend in January so we can drag Sky along on this one. It would be the 3rd and 4th so we might encounter a few more cars than I would like and a few more drunk checks but I am in an agreeable mood so I'm for anything.

I'm gone from 11 JAN thru the first week in FEB. I'll be in Nevada getting smart on killing things from afar.

Cool beans.
pirateBlink1.gif

that was a short nap, EP.

Feb. is cool with me.

Back