need a speed control for my axial

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy1jr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I got a axail ax10. I got it off some guy, I need a speed contol for it what would be a good one.:D

depends on how much you want to spend. Castle Creations Sidewinder or Mamba Max in my book are the best, the novak stuff sucks cuz they only handle 2s lipo and arent nearly as in depth with all the options that the castle stuff has. you can get used sidewinders for around $50 sometimes. wanna go cheaper then I'm not sure whats out there to recomend. u can just look for a cheap Tazer esc or something to get u by i suppose or just put up a wanted ad for a cheap brushed esc. a xl5 would work and some others too but i dont think they are straight forward/brake/reverse, i think they have a reverse stall or double click reverse, wich sucks imo. but i would for sure try and save towards a sidewinder or mamba.

were can i get one of the mamba or sidewinders. what about the rooster one?

thanks ill look into getting a mamba or a sidewider

+1 on a Mamba Max or Sidewinder, I started of with a cheaper one that had the reverse delay and it killed me so many times not being able to just got to reverse instantly, the Castle esc's are worth the money IMO, but you will need to get a Castle BEC with either one to get the most out of them...

Another +1 on anything Castle Creations. My ESC an BEC on my comp rig are both CC and they work flawlessly and perform brilliantly. My East coast Cralwers tema-mate put a Novak Rooster Crawler systme in his Axial and he;s on his second as the first on just blew the ESC (by fluke just after his comp run, the lucky so-n-so) and he had to swap it. I've also heard some truly awful horror stories about Novak gear failures in general.

i have the novak goat system and i have no complaints. even on 2s it has great wheels speed and i can "pop" over stuff with the torque. never had it stop on me, or oeverheat.

i have never used anything else, so i may just be missing the boat!

sidewinder is a good all around, mamba max is my preference but if space is an issue, the fxr is a nice esc as well.

I have ran the tekin fxr over the weekend have no complaints- it is really small though. I think it is mostly my losi but the 45t tekin motor i have it will get super hot in about 3 minutes during my comp and i'd lose about 50% of my power ( speed and torque) but i think it is because it is running as fast it will go to spin the worm drive to get hot but it was only for 3 minutes to get the hot (i'm running 12t pinion)

For the little bit of crawling I've done the Tekin set-up that I have used has been great. Very smooth plus programable. FXR/45T motor.

Back