Axial SCX6 Honcho…….on tracks!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flames77

You spent how much!?!?
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Flying
Hey what’s up guys!! Been awhile since I have been on here. But I wanted to share my latest project with the Honcho.

Tracks! Yes you read that right. I come across some 3D print files from a guy on Facebook. He listed them on Cults 3D and I just had to give it a shot. Well I did and let me just say, they look and preform pretty dang awesome!! They are really well designed and have a total of 96 bearings through out.

So after trying these out I just wasn’t satisfied. I wanted to step up the styling a bit more. I designed five different idler wheels to replace the original ones. The top one in the picture is the original. The bottom 5 I designed. There is an axial logo, X pattern, Sawblade,6-shooter and a star pattern. I choose to run the axial logo on the front of every track and the Sawblade style for the rest.

DF76C57D-3D3C-4DB8-904A-9F54EC2DED87.jpeg
5769962C-36D1-490C-BD01-CB5F4199640B.jpeg

I did a full run video and it’s up on my YouTube channel. I’ll post a link to it. Here are some pics for you to check out. Enjoy!!

81F88BCF-806F-489C-89FC-A2A8563885D7.jpeg
CE5A0D68-BDCE-474C-B2C7-38B845994D97.jpeg
71025C94-3105-49C7-A86F-C9084FA38CEF.jpeg
AE1B368C-D483-4AFE-8126-EA4B4F774204.jpeg
2FEDBAE0-2B8D-4942-A5CF-9A2FBA44E905.jpeg

Another outstanding project!

We really need to see this thing in snow.
I wanna see it in the mud. Gonna print mine and buy the electronics that way when it arrives its 30 minutes of swapping in a tekin or castle some grease and break it in in the mud.

I wanna see it in the mud. Gonna print mine and buy the electronics that way when it arrives its 30 minutes of swapping in a tekin or castle some grease and break it in in the mud.
I'm not a mud guy. Just don't care for the clean up. Snow just requires compressed air to clean up 🙂 Rocks are even better. Just a brush and compressed air every few runs 👍 Yeah, I'm lazy 😆

I'm not a mud guy. Just don't care for the clean up. Snow just requires compressed air to clean up 🙂 Rocks are even better. Just a brush and compressed air every few runs 👍 Yeah, I'm lazy 😆
Gotta take what you can get. If they could make it snow in Florida with the chemtrails they love doing, I would appreciate it.

@Flames77 that's an incredible job man. Looks amazing!
Thanks @WoodiE!! I appreciate it.

I support of banning you. One shouldn't have such a capable vehicle. Amazing work. Think you've influenced me into buying the scx6.
Lmao!! You been hanging out with @Doom! That’s sounds like something he would say. 🤣🤣🤣 I highly recommend the SCX6’s. They are a lot of fun and a totally different experience then the 1/10th scales.

Another outstanding project!

We really need to see this thing in snow.
I’m itching to get thing in some snow!! You can count on me if we get any!

Awesome job and welcome back.
Thank you!

Gotta admit, the treads are appropriate, that thing weighs as much as a tank! 🤣 So freakin awesome, always an inspiration....you suck!:p
The guy just put out 2 more style tracks too. One with deeper treads and wider gaps. Looks promising for some snow runs!! You see my crappy pics? 😜🤣🤣🤣

Awesome upgrade, and welcome back man. We missed you.
Thanks brother! 🤜🏼🤜🏼

Last edited:
It only snowed twice here in spoklahoma Washington, I'm glad , I'm ready to get out the Taylor bashers , for crap sakes ! Next week temps are in the 40's BRRRRAAAAP!!!!

Back