Nascar season...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMaxxin said:
Most poeple don't like Hendricks motor sports...especially the #48...get over it.

And this is actually coming from a Gordon fan! So take his advice, and get over it. He is a blatant cheater. How many times has he gotten away with it before he was caught.

On another note, I wonder how Stewart feels after winning the past two races and not even being in the chase? I am no Stewart fan, but I think the new point system sucks. If you have a great last third of the season, it still does not matter, you still can't win the cup, even if every chase contender crashed or finished horribly for the last ten races, you still have no chance. Then you have two different races going on, guys who dont care and will take whatever chance they have to to get a win, and the chasers just trying to finish as good as possible to get the most points they can. I don't like the new system at all.

I agree man. I think it needs tweaked. I was sooo frustrated in the '04 season when jamie took the 11th spot but had 8 top tens during the chase. Under the old system he would have made it up to like 7th or at least 8th I think.

What do you think about this... instead of moving 2nd-10th up to the leaders points back them all down to within 10th place points. I kinda feel that the top ten should be racing each other for championship points so I say award the top ten starters with top ten points based on where they finish relative to each other as long as they finish the race on the lead lap, otherwise 0. The rest of the field gets the points they would normally get. After the first 2 or 3 races the chasers will start to run away with the points and that's ok I think, they've earned it. But for that short span of time it will allow the outsiders (11th, 12th or so) to really show what they've got if they got anything. It would also allow the (normally) crappy 8th, 9th, 10th place cars to fall out of the top ten in the first couple races if they DNF or something AND an outsider does well. Maybe you'd have a situation where in the 2nd chase race the 9th place chaser DNF's and the 11th place car wins 2 races in a row.. Maybe he knocks the 9th or 10th place chaser out.. therefore making them inelligible for top ten points. I dunno, It's kind of confusing but it's just my take on it. I really believe those guys need to have the emphasis put on racing each other more. Well, I'm sure it's got it's loopholes and it probably wouldn't work out but it was just an idea... :shrug:

But what I'm getting at is he's not cheating now.And they would find it becuase they do inspect 2nd place.So why dwell on him getting caught at Daytona?If he does win the Cup Title everyone will say he won because he cheated.Only because people hate him.That is straight up stupid.But I was at Martinsville and enjoyed watching him whoop that ass...Plus I'm going to Daytona and Dover next year..Looking forward to it already..The Chase does suck.I agree with you guys on that.Lessen,You talking the 04 season.Shoot man the chase format cost Gordon his 5th title.Under the old points he would have won that year..but can't cry over spilled milk..Just suck it up and go on...

Mark, why are you such a JJ nuthugger? Personally he's a whiney little bitch, he's even worse than Gordon and Kennseth. He's a blatant downright cheatin' bastard just like the conman he works for, so here's a little advice, you get over it obviously your the only one here that cares and your not going to win anyone over.

NCNitro said:
I think the new point system sucks.
I totally have to agree with you there, Joe. Tony has outdriven EVERY other driver in the last 8 races. By a long shot. And because of the Chase format, he'll still do no better than 11th. While turds like Kyle Bush can't fall out of the top 10 no matter how poopy they drive (and believe me, he's doing a GREAT job of that...hack). I say either get rid of the dumbass Chase all together, or let at least 20 drivers in. Just make sure the cutoff is high enough that we don't have to deal with guys like Robby Gordon in the Chase....

And just remember, the NASCAR season doesn't officially begin until Chad Knauss gets suspended....

Candyman said:
Just make sure the cutoff is high enough that we don't have to deal with guys like Robby Gordon in the Chase....

Amen brother!

Candyman said:
And just remember, the NASCAR season doesn't officially begin until Chad Knauss gets suspended....

Now thats funny!

jetmechG550 said:
Mark, why are you such a JJ nuthugger? Personally he's a whiney little bitch, he's even worse than Gordon and Kennseth. He's a blatant downright cheatin' bastard just like the conman he works for, so here's a little advice, you get over it obviously your the only one here that cares and your not going to win anyone over.

First of all I'm not a nuthugger.Second who cares what you think personally.Personally I think Dale Jr is a beer drinking redneck that can't drive worth a poop and the only reason he is even in Nascar is because of his last name.But that just my opinion.Which only matters to me..But enough about Jr.And that brings me to another point.Anytime a driver has something to say about another driver they are whining bitches?I don't get it...If that's the case all of them are whining bitches..And I am not trying to win anyone over.If we all liked the same driver Nascar wouldn't be fun..And for Nitro's comment.Tony has done great in the chase but he didn't dominate all the races... If I remember correctly Harvick dogged em at NH.Tony won Kansas by luck(fuel mileage).He didn't do crap at Dega,Dover,Lowes or Martinsville.But the last two he was awesome...He should take that car to Homestead.He should be hard to beat there two..But he said he wouldn't be running this good if he had made the chase..He's probally right..With all that said I'm leaving it alone..I'm done with this thread..See ya guys...

poop if that was all it would have taken I would have posted that a long time ago.

so how about the show at the end of the race today. harvick RULES jimme was stealthe today though. as much as i despise him he should have one. but he diddn't. lol go RCR

OK, bitches, it's time to finish this. Looks like it's JJ's to lose. I do have to admit 2 things.
1. If he wins, I give him credit for being consistent enough over the past 10 races to take it.
2. I'd rather deal with him being champ than Kenseth. I've had just about enough of Matt whining into his radio all season.

So let's put a cap on this crap and get ready for Daytona!

Candyman said:
So let's put a cap on this crap and get ready for Daytona!

I'll second that!

I think JJ will win it but if he doesn't I hope Harvick passes Matt....Also tiered of hearing him cry.

I hope they both smack the wall but if JJ wins it I'll congratulate him for a cheating season! Hey I did meet Matt a couple weeks ago, he's got a personality like a toilet seat.

I'm not particularly a fan of either of them but I'd rather not see JJ take it. IMO that team deserves nothing but 2nd place. Earned it? yes. Deserve it? No.

And I'd like to take a moment to welcome Juan Pablo Montoya to Nextel Cup racing. Wrecking a stock car ain't like wrecking one of those fancy F1 cars, is it?

Only 90 days until Daytona, baby!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back