Nascar season...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty much at the point that I don't care who wins as long as it's not JJ or Kenseth. Johnson shows for yet another year that you can cheat and still win.
And if I have to hear Matty crying into his radio about how NASCAR needs to be fair and enforce their rules when someone bumps into him, I'm going to choke him! I hope he gets Kleenex as his sponsor next year.

I'm all in for Burton or Jr.

They all cheat in some form or fashion or they bend the rules just enough to pass inspection.JJ just got caught.Plus it was way back at The Daytona 500 so get over it..

I can't stand JJ, or as Candyman puts is, Spanky McCheaterpants. I would really like to see either Burton or Jr win it.

I don't think it really matters if you stand him or not.You have to be real and realize that Jr or Burton will not win the trophy..

The way the point system is setup, all you have to do is be in the top 10 consistently all year long. And Kenseth & JJ have done just that. But I feel Kenseth will take it this year.

Team 17 said:
The way the point system is setup, all you have to do is be in the top 10 consistently all year long. And Kenseth & JJ have done just that. But I feel Kenseth will take it this year.

Being consistent is what the original points system was built on.Because drivers have won championships with only one win and Nascar(Brian France) got upset and thought up the chase format..

Even though they changed it, it still holds true

All it takes is one non chaser to take out JJ, and hopefully that will happen, to see his chances of winning the cup dwindle away. I would rather see any one of the other chase contenders win before JJ. So Mark, don't count your cheaters, um I mean chickens before they are hatched.

He's a Con Man racing nut hugger, you can't reason with their type cause they are so blind to the facts.

I'm throwing in my vote for Jr or Burton.... Burton would be doing much better if Robbie Gordon didn't throw pieces of his car out the window!

I couldnt believe when I saw him do that, then the interview with him after that, he said he ran it over and it came from under his rear tire, well it wasn't on the track in front of him then all of a sudden here it comes. What a pos! He should be heavily fined for that stunt.

I couldn't agree more! Now lets just hope Jr wins Texas and takes the points lead!

Tom

An update for you guys.Jimmie Johnson is now the Nextel Cup points leader..I told you guys but you just didn't want to listen...:dance: :dance:

It aint over until the fat lady sings... still two races to go.... Jr still finishes well despite bouncing off the wall. The next two races will be interesting for sure. Don't give JJ the title just yet

Tom

NCNitro said:
It's just proof that cheaters do prosper.

All I want to know is why all you haters keep calling JJ a cheater when other guys have cheated and you don't refer to them as cheaters?Call him what you want he will still be Nextel Champ...BTW Jr. did make a hell of a comeback..

markallen said:
All I want to know is why all you haters keep calling JJ a cheater when other guys have cheated and you don't refer to them as cheaters?

Honestly, I think it comes down to the generally accepted philosophy that your not cheating as long as you don't get caught.

He got caught. :shrug:

now I could go ahead and say the same thing about Jamie Mac in the '05 season when they got busted with an incorrect "X-measurement" but the important factor is that not many people are big Jamie McMuray fans... likewise, there aren't many Jamie McMurray haters. J.J. has a lot of haters for one reason or another.. that's why he gets labeled.

Plus the fact that what they got busted for was sooo obviously cheating. Many times when teams get busted (like the above situation) it's just easy to brush it off as a mistake (which was the excuse Donnie Wingo had). What the 48 team did didn't even come close to being swept under the rug as a screw up. It was 100% intentional and they got busted. Now that doesn't make it any more right for the other guys who get caught in the grey area but it is what it is, and it was obviously cheating.

Well how about the rigged up fuel cell filler that Kevin Harvick team thought up at Las Vegas?That was no mistake.So he should be labeled too..

markallen said:
Well how about the rigged up fuel cell filler that Kevin Harvick team thought up at Las Vegas?That was no mistake.So he should be labeled too..

If you want to call him a cheater then by all means, have at it.

What I'm saying is that the whole jimie johnson ordeal invokes a lot of negative comments and opinions for the same reason a lot of people Boo Jeff Gordon when he wins. There are simply a lot of people that don't like him. There are far less Harvick haters than J.J. haters. Even if Joe Nemechek's crew chief got caught cheating red handed your not gonna hear people talking about it in every Nascar conversation 35 races later. People just wouldn't care. It's just more fuel for the fire.

markallen said:

Most poeple don't like Hendricks motor sports...especially the #48...get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back