Nascar 2007

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candyman

'Cuse is in the house!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK, well it's February 1st. Daytona is just around the corner. I think it's time for the smack to begin. Looks like this season is going to be an interesting one. So I wanna hear what you guys think.
Big issue? Toyota. If you ask me, they'll be a non-issue. The only thing I can see is that they might benefit from design advantages since they haven't really been track-proven yet. Just like any new body style. But since they've employed some non-stellar pilots, I'm thinking they'll be a novelty at best.
Next. The Car Of Tomorrow. ???? I have no clue what to think about this one. Looks like ass. They'll show it in 16 races this season. Mostly short tracks. Not sure it will make a ton of difference. But they will be running the Fall Talladega race with them. Looks like more bunched-up racing and even bigger "big ones".
My gut feelings? Johnson will still be a force to deal with. Gordon will be happy just making the race. Stewart will be in everyone's mirrors this season. I think RCR will continue what they started last season. I think Harvick and Burton will be tough to beat. Hamlin will suffer sophomore blues and be a non-issue.
So, the guys I'm keeping an eye on are Jeff Burton, Tony Stewart and as much as I hate to admit, JJ. And I'll go out on a limb. Surprise of the season? Casey Mears. He's got skills. He's shown a lot of potential. And this season he's in Hendricks gear. Vickers did ok in that ride, but I think Mears is a FAR better driver. So watch for him.
And just to make the season more interesting, I registered with the Yahoo Fantasy Racing League. I'm not in a group. Just flying solo for now, but if enough guys from here are interested, maybe we can start an RCNT group.

And just remember guys, it's only 16 more days until Chad Knauss is asked to leave Daytona Motor Speedway!

Well.... I don't think Toyota will be such a big factor. It is just another manufacturer. Business will continue as normal. I also agree that with Brian Vickers being the only... and I dare say "High Profile" driver they have, Toyota will struggle its first year as it did in the Truck Series.

I think the car of tomorrow is a safer ride for the drivers... but as for competition it is basically going to turn NASCAR into the IROC series. Everyone will be driving the same car... minus the fact that each team will stick a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota emblem on it. I think it takes the term Cookie cutter to a whole new level.

Now as far as which drivers to watch.... I think Stewart and Kahne will be tough to beat as well as JJ... which I have a hard time saying. I agree that RCR will be a factor this year as well as your normal contenders. Gordon and Junior will be competitive, but will be in the lower part of the top ten. Other than that... I think you will have the same cast of Characters fighting for the top 12 spots.... Kenseth, Busch, Biffle, Edwards and the like. I would love to see Jr have a break out year... but I just don't see the fire in him to win has his father had. My "Dark Horse" goes to Elliot Sadler. I look for him to have a break out year in his first full year at Evernham.

I would be interested in getting involved in an RCNT fantasy racing league... provided it was just for fun.. I don't generally gamble on these sorts of things.

I am looking forward to this season as I do every year.

Tom

Yup, it'll be interesting.
If you want to get in the fantasy league, all you need is a Yahoo ID. No $$$ needed. No gambling. If you join, let me know.

I don't know here. I know their lineup ain't too hot, but Toyota is dumping a ton of money into it. They may suprise people here with a less than stellar driver, ya never know DJ could return to his old self. He was a top driver not so long ago and I think all the shake-ups and Yates being a cheap ass and not wanting to move forward with things really made the teams suffer. I think DJ could be a sleeper in all this, maybe not repeating as champion but a definite contender. Dale Jr, if the could be consistent from one week to the next, they would be a force to be reckoned with. Something on that team isn't gellin' and I think Theresa has a lot to do with it. My thoughts, it's gonna be the Stewart and Harvick show. Those two are gonna trounce on everyone.

You are right... Toyota is dumping a huge amount of cash into there cup program, and you have to pay to play in todays NASCAR. I don't think Toyota will suffer any horsepower woes... it is the every present aero problems I think will plague them the most.

I think Jr. has what it takes to drive, it just doesn't seem he has that spark that say Stewart and Harvick have.... you never see Jr. get pissed like you do Tony and Kevin.... Jr. just doesn't seem to care about winning much... and I am a huge Jr. fan... it pains me to say it. I also agree with you that it is Teresa Earnhardt that is the problem with DEI.... at least the racing side of it... the business side I think she is a geneous! I think that is the reason Ty Norris left and the reason Jr. doesn't seem to be happy right now.

Tom

Yup, Tom, you gotta pay to play. And I don't think that Toyota can outbuy everyone else. Yeah, they'll be competitive in a sense. But I just don't think they're going to come in and humble every one. Look how long it's taken Dodge to re-establish their territory. And they had Evernham running the show. No, I think it will take a while before Toyota makes huge successes.

My thoughts on JR is that the only track he can really drive on is a superspeedway. He just uses his name and that is it.

Ok, I'm calling it now, roughly 40 days to F1!!! LOL

oh yippy.. which two drivers are we gonna watch this year? ok, I'm probably talking out of my ass cuz I stopped watching after round 5 or so last season. But that was the reason.. I got bored. The racing is spectacular and couldnt' be challenged.. the competition however... well, you get the idea. Anyways, back to NASCAR...

I don't expect anything spectacular out of Toyota. It doesn't bother me that they are here, I'm a "new" Nascar fan so these type of issues aren't issues to me. I hope they are at least fairly competitive to grab a few top ten finishes just to keep the season interesting. That's always good for competition. I agree with the Casey Mears thing.. he WILL win this year. Other than that I can't really foresee much. Tony Stewart will always be a factor. I seem to have a gut feeling about the veterans.. I just feel like we won't see many newer drivers at the top of the big picture...

I hope Jaime does better this season but I just don't know if he can be as successful at Rousch as he was with Ganassi. Now I'm not naive, yes I'm a big fan but I know he's not a championship quality driver right now. But he is capable of winning or at least running well if he has a good car. The chemistry just isn't there.. and I don't think jack is doing much to help the situation.

I have to be honest, I haven't read are watched anything about NASCAR after the season finished. I was worried that if I kept up with everything I wouldn't want to watch it....I don't even know what the Toyota's look like LOL

It's almost time to pull out the Gordon avatar again!

Last edited:
I'm not really a NASCAR fan, but my family and I like JJ. Not really that we just like him, but because of some other events that led up to it.

Want to hear the story?? Well I'm bored so I'm gonna tell it, so if you don't want to hear it then quit reading NOW. LOL

2 years ago we went to visit my sister that lives near Charlotte,NC. The date happened to fall on my youngest son's birthday and he wanted a race car. As I said at first, I'm not a NASCAR fan so my wife and I just picked a car and it happened to be JJ's 48.
When we arrived at my sister's house, she had a cake made for my son with a race track and another 48 car on it not knowing that we had bought that car too. When I asked why she had chose that car, I was informed that the Lowes Motor Speedway was his home track and was only 5min. from her house.
Then a couple of days later we went and took the tour at the speedway. The On-Track driving school was running that day and were offering ride-alongs. 3 laps with a professional driver @ 150mph for $90. So I decided I needed to do that. And as it would happen, 1 of their cars had the JJ paint scheme on it. Can you guess which car I got to ride in? Yep, the JJ car.
Now all of this was coincidence, not planned. Afterward both of my boys were JJ fans because dad got to ride in his car!

So there you have it. Hey wake up!!!!!LOL I'm done talking now!

Hey SMaxxin, no need for the Gordon avatar, since his teammate JJ won the cup last year, he's not going get the goods to be a contender!

Hey SMaxxin, no need for the Gordon avatar, since his teammate JJ won the cup last year, he's not going get the goods to be a contender!

Don't get too cocky yet, when JJ wins another 3 cups then you can talk smack......That goes for the rest of you haters too!

Remember Gordon is not only his teammate, he is his boss too...He owns half of the 48 car/team and he is the one that hand picked JJ.

So you can thank Jeff Gordon...The student is only as good as his teacher LOL.

Insert smart ass comment by Jet________________________:D

Last edited:
Insert smart ass comment by Jet________________________:D

Go Kimi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll keep the comments on the downlow about Team Con-Man this year, I don't want to hear markallen whining and crying the like that little bitch Gordo or JJ...

oops, that didn't last to long......ZING!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
337 days until the 2008 Dakar
6 days until the Uddeholm Swedish WRC rally
118 days until the Baja 500
280 days until the Baja 1000
316 days until the Race of Champions

I'm going to make a bold prediction. 2007 will be Robby Gordon's year in Nascar! What basis do I have for this? Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to say it. :LoL:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJKLfRvLlms"]YouTube - Robby Gordon Wheelie[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeZ-9Wpkjq4"]YouTube - Robby Gordon bumps an other driver at the Dakar rallye[/ame]

Even though it's not from nascar, it's from baja...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybIBMxxuxdQ"]YouTube - Hummer at Lisboa DAKAR_07[/ame]

"blah blah, *insert foreign language here* HUMMER! HUMMER HUMMER HUMMER!" They know that Robby's LS7 powered hummer is bad ass...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCmaQA5s2mE"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGDR7aP2Uy0"]YouTube - Robby Gordon[/ame]
Music to my ears...

Ok, enough of my Robby Gordon spam and playing with the youtube tags :LoL:

Ok, maybe one more funny one:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZPaWoHbwlA"]YouTube - Piece of poop[/ame]

Last edited:
Back