music tastes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
well, for me music is my main hobby. can't play anything except for the M*A*S*H them song on guitar lol but i am always listening to music, 24 hours a day, i do everthing listening to music. thought id see what you guys are all into, I'm sure there will be alot of different styles of music mentioned but dont bash some one for what they listen to because that is why music is so awesome, you can like whatever you want. maybe list you favorite bands or songs.

for me, Metallica is my favorite band of all time, more bad ass songs than anyone will ever beable to beat. right up there on the list, prolly second if not tied with Metallica, is Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedor has the best vocals ever in my opinion...some other favorites of mine are Billy Joel, Neil Diamond, Queen, Static X, and of course Alice in Chains...

Favorite songs, something i listen too about every day are....

Metallica-The Unforgiven
Gordan Lightfoot-If You Could Read My Mind.

old skool rock. Van Halen, AC-DC that sort a stuff.

I listen to just about anything. Funny thing is that I haven't been deep into music lately. Especially since I have played guitar since I was a kid. But I just took up drums as my newest hobby so I'm getting back into it.
I listen to all sorts of stuff. If I had to pick a favorite band right now it would be GreenDay. I never get sick of their stuff. But I like all sorts from alternative to metal to classical to classic rock and even still dig some old school hair bands. If I were looking at the very short playlist on my mp3 player, it would include bands like Disturbed, Saliva, GreenDay, Fallout Boy, Revis, American HiFi, 311, Velvet Revolver, Adema, Pink Floyd, 3 Dog Night, Beethoven, The Buggles, Enya and probably a whole lot more.

Yeah, I'm with you guys. Metallica black is one of my favorite albums.

Been listening to a bit of nickleback lately. AC/DC... Ramstien, Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000, blues traveler, disturbed, norah jones...

Just got a new head unit in my car that lets me use a usb flash drive. Having 8G of storage in my 2.5 hours of driving every day has made me realize I like a wide variety of stuff!

Not sure what Gordon Lightfoot is... Probably know it, just don't "know" it.

Gordon Lightfoot. 60's and 70's. Did "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" and I believe he also did "Sundown" right?

And DUH! I totally skipped over the 2 years I was an assistant manager at a record store in the early 90's. I was there for the rise of grunge. I agree with you SNG, Pearl Jam was way better than Nirvana. I guess Kurt Cobain was just more homeless looking then Eddy Vedder so he won. Still think the best thing out of Seattle was Soundgarden, though.
Cool thing about that job was getting to find new music. That's where I really got into Smashing Pumpkins. And found cool underground acts like Candyskins and Darden Smith. Still listen to their albums 15 years later. Got promo CD's for the first Lollapalooza. And lived through NWA and Public Enemy. Guess that's why I have no clue why Flavor Flav still has a career.

Last edited:
hell yeah soundgarden is/was great, Chris is a incredible singer/song writer...for that fact so is Billy Corgan (smashing pumpkins). their stuff was/is excellent! he also wrote the majority of Hole's songs along side Courtney love.

and yep, Lightfoot did Sundown...

Nirvana is so bad ass because they changed the face of music for every with smells like teen spirit, can't ever forget that either. but eddie vedor is such a great singer and does a variety of songs. his cover of Reign o'er me was one of the best remakes/songs ever imo! his soundtrack stuff is killer, he did like the entire soundtrack for Into the Wild.

Last edited:
80's speed metal, Megadeth is my favorite band, behind dave is Anthrax, Exodus, the crue, motorhead, pantera, slayer, testament, etc.. not much metallica except for kill em' all, justice and black. I have been pretty heavy into thin lizzy latley too.

I like a lot of different kinds of music. Mainly metal, hard rock, industrial, punk, anything with an edge. I love Black Label Society,probably my current favorite, Zack Wylde is one of the baddest ass guitar players ever! I like classic rock, old school metal, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Ozzy, Kiss, Iron Maiden is one of my all time favorites. I also like stuff like Sublime, Pennywise, Suicidal Tendencies, Bad Religion, Murphy's Law, Fear, I could go on and on. I like country too, but new country, not that old whiny country. About the only music I really hate is rap, like I always say, you can't spell crap without rap! :D

I'm not a rap fan either. i did listen to alot of eminem because lol, he is white and has mad skills without a doubt. i also used to listen to I.C.P alot but any other rap i listened to was just to "bump it"...

now, rap/metal is a different story. Rage, limp, pod, and of course HED PE are sick!

I like Rage a lot, calm like a bomb has such a bad ass rythym to it. I also like Limp, Linkin Park, Kid Rock, and pod is ok.

I never got in to the grunge stuff much, I never really cared for Nivana, or Pearl Jam

Give me some System of a down, Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, DieCast, Slipknot, and I am lovin it.

oh hell yeah! system is the sh!t!!! one of the most unique sounding bands that still sounds awesome! their first album was insane! i like POD for the fact that they are a Christian rock band that can tear it up as well as any other band out there without having to be lude in any way.

Great taste in music guys!!:D

Slipknot, Trivium, Metallica, White Zombie, Six Feet Under, Adema, Rise Against, OZZY, Black Label Society, Three Days Grace, As i Lay Dying, Deep Purple, Godsmack, HENDRIX, Killswitch Engage, Iron Maiden, Nirvana, Korn, Megadeth, Mudvayne, Static-X, Pantera, Slayer...probably forgeting some but there mostly all there.

hell yeah they do, its so hard to name every band that kicks ass lol...Lamb of God is super sick but i forgot them too...

And for some hard core industrial stuff I like Vein Cage, God is LSD, Musallini Headkick, Front Line Assemble, KMFDM, Ministry, and Skinny Puppy just to name a few.

I used to buy at least 3-5 cds a week a few years back. We had this cool little cd store called Uncle Sams when I lived in South Florida. Whenever I went in there I knew all the sales people, they had a cd player hooked up with head phones, and they would see me come in and hand me a pile of cd, told me check these out, so I was always finding obscure kick ass bands no one ever really heard of. I have about 500 cds in my basement, I am gonna have to pull the out and listen to some of that stuff again now.

And for some hard core industrial stuff I like Vein Cage, God is LSD, Musallini Headkick, Front Line Assemble, KMFDM, Ministry, and Skinny Puppy just to name a few.

I used to buy at least 3-5 cds a week a few years back. We had this cool little cd store called Uncle Sams when I lived in South Florida. Whenever I went in there I knew all the sales people, they had a cd player hooked up with head phones, and they would see me come in and hand me a pile of cd, told me check these out, so I was always finding obscure kick ass bands no one ever really heard of. I have about 500 cds in my basement, I am gonna have to pull the out and listen to some of that stuff again now.

DANG man 500, i only have about 350.:whhooo:

I will listen to any thing I like the sound, beat, or lyrics too, from rock, country, rap mostly old school, reggae, island, jazz, what ever, I have a wide varity of music both on my computer, and in my CD holder, but I mostly just listen to the local rock station where I live when I am driving around....but if I am in the mood to listen to music while on the computer I listen to a little of every thing on there..

80's rock, metal, etc. Listening to Dragonforce right now...

Well let's name a few of the artist I enjoy listening to. There are allot more. I recntly spent a long time ripping around 250 cd's to FLAC and put them on my NAS unit. Use a TV for playback on my stereo. Very cool.

Aerosmith
Baal
Blues Brothers
Bruce Springsteen
D.A.D.
Depeche Mode
Def Leppard
Dixie Chicks
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy
Elton John
Eminem
Eric Johnson
Faith No More
Foo Fighters
Guns N' Roses
Huey Lewis And The News
Incubus
Iron Maiden
Joe Satriani
Kashmir
Metallica
Nephew
Pearl Jam
Queen
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sheryl Crow
Tim Christensen (former frontman of Dizzy Mizz Lizzy)
Tina Dico (real name Dickow)
Tower Of Power
U2 (Achtung Baby and back)
Weezer

There's very little new stuff here, because I find most new music to be forgettable and simply annoying after three weeks of constant rotation on the radio. Almost every-time you think you hear the beginning to a favorite song of yours, you find out it's some smart-ass producer who've hacked it all to hell.