Music...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's been very little good stuff to come out since the early 90s. That, to me, is when rock started going emo. Nirvana started it, and it's all gone down hill, from there. I was used to stuff that was either fun (Motley Crue, Poison, and the like) or down right angry. (Skid Row's Slave to the Grind album comes to mind) Suddenly I was deluged with angst.

I was in high school at the time. Everybody thought that Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and the bands like that were just the greatest thing. I was walking around thinking "Give me back my rock and roll!"

At least Rob Zombie still makes good music.

And great movies IMO.

Kurt Cobain was the pioneer of EMO, but he made it with a grungier attitude. He was in all due respect a great musician, but I am almost sure he never meant to give leadway for all these boy bands that have been swarming lately. I mean, I will come right out and say, Evanescence is the poop. Night Wish is allright, with the throaty bass and great riffs, but a little over the top.

The 90's were a very sad time. I got to thinking today about some old VHS tapes I have, so I dug out the VCR in place of the DVR and hooked up my old Sony 32 incher (HDTV has no inputs for VCR) and started going thru some of those old MTV newscast things... I think they were called Year of rock 94' and crap like that.

When you really think about it the 90's really were the turning point for almost ALL music, nationwide. Even overseas in the Middle Eastern region and in Mexico the music styles were changing. Everyone was racing towards the new milinia.

Nowdays: No rock on MTV anymore, but they DO have a special hour, set aside late in the night for the old hair bands. Whoopie. Wasn't MTV created for rock music? IMO Hip-Hop has completly taken over the scene. That's not necesarily a bad thing, to each his own, but it has taken over so completely that all you hear in games and televison/movies anymore is Hiphop. It used to be hard rock and Country, now it's rap. I guess just like you said up there... It's all a fad. Thoses of us who see diffrently must be out of the social loop. I do however want to stick around and see exactly how long these little emo boy and girl groups last after the newness wears off.

But when I get to thinking about it... Ashlee Simpson made a mockery of herself live- TWICE. and she is still revered as a great singer. People will never realize. if we don't get back to the way things were... When music actually mattered something important is going to be lost forever only living thru the old Lp's and 8-tracks sitting around.

Tweak said:
But when I get to thinking about it... Ashlee Simpson made a mockery of herself live- TWICE. and she is still revered as a great singer. People will never realize. if we don't get back to the way things were... When music actually mattered something important is going to be lost forever only living thru the old Lp's and 8-tracks sitting around.

who cares she's HOT and she has nice HOOTERS!

anyway i miss the early music " metallica aerosmith, acdc, robzombie's good

but it just aint like the older days when everything is better

Last edited:
What is she? like an A cup??

If that qualifies as "nice hooters" my wife would blow you away ;)

Tweak said:
What is she? like an A cup??

If that qualifies as "nice hooters" my wife would blow you away ;)

there bigger than that. but if you want to compare them send pics.lol jk

I think jessica's are at least dd but I'm not sure,i haven't really looked at her,i try to avoid her pictures and songs.

I just scanned through this, but I agree. Most of the new crap is just that, crap. 80's metal was my favorite. Althoug, I am one of the few who like the later metallica albums... I never cared much for their older stuff. I like Ozzy's newer song... can't remember what it is, but I think it was something about Na'lens.

And when did it become bad to be a "redneck"? I mean, we are all here reading this because we play with little gas powered $1000 toys and rationalize it somehow to our wives and ourselves.
All rednecks are, are people who know how to have fun cheaply, work hard (for the most part) and in general, get a kick out of living the simple life... I'd give my eye teeth to be sitting on a porch somewhere with a re-run of "The dukes of Hazzard" playing on the TV and a toothpick in my mouth vs plodding my 50 mile commute every day to sit at a keyboard and make absolutely nothing that anyone can physically see.

A few of my fav's....

Slayer
Testament
Pantera
Sepultura
Shadows Fall
Slipknot
Korn
Static-X
Fear Factory
Overkill
Anthrax
Flotsam & Jetsam
Fates Warning
In Flames
Anthrax
& of course...
Twisted F'N Sister....

Tweak said:
Kurt Cobain was the pioneer of EMO,

Dude....Ian Mckaye is the EMO GOD...WAY before cobain was in a garage band......and if you want to hear real good EMO pick up any Fugazi album....repeater is my favorite......also Desiderata...gooooood Emo poop no whiney crappy snot nosed rich kid stuff.....egghunt and pailhead as well.......Skewbald.......good stuff...not radio rock by any means......go check out dischord records site www.dischord.com
or SST records www.sstsuperstore.com
REvelation records www.revelationrecords.com

indy music is where art is still important.....keep it alive

SLAYER!!!!!!!!!
huh huh hu uuuuuhhh.............they rock

Last edited:
Plaidfish said:
SLAYER!!!!!!!!!
huh huh hu uuuuuhhh.............they rock

20 yrs, & still goin... Never sold out to radio/commercial BS...

Reign In Blood... Best METAL album of all time, IMO...

OOOOOOOOOK then. Plaidfish is from this moment on to be known soely as the EMO WHIZZMASTER!

Slayer tho...hmmm... They are a great band. I got into thier sound for about a year, but then got tired of trying o figure out the f-in lyrics every three seconds.

My Favorites:
1: Pantera
2: Mushroomhead
3: Testament
4: Deicide
5: Slipknot
6: Superjoint Ritual

there are a bunch more but I am lazy.

I wouldn't throw "whizzmaster" into the name but I've seen the music I love being crucified on the news and bastardized and crapped on by MTV and I feel like you did about the concert you loved and now it's a hippy love fest froo froo whine party......out of all the music I listen to I'd say Emo is what I listen to most.....seriously check out Fugazi.....slow and fast stuff..lots of rhythm mixing w/ different cultural sounds...good stuff

You know, I will pick up a couple albums this evening. Do you have any resourses about where to find them? BMG and FYI don't seem to carry them.

Tweak said:
OOOOOOOOOK then. Plaidfish is from this moment on to be known soely as the EMO WHIZZMASTER!

Slayer tho...hmmm... They are a great band. I got into thier sound for about a year, but then got tired of trying o figure out the f-in lyrics every three seconds.

My Favorites:
1: Pantera
2: Mushroomhead
3: Testament
4: Deicide
5: Slipknot
6: Superjoint Ritual

there are a bunch more but I am lazy.
Hank 3 from superjoint is one of my sisters good friends. I've done vinyl for his mud truck. My sister is also the head of Superjoints fan club and promotions. She has a superjoint tatoo on her lower back.. (A lil far I think ,but whatever..lol).

Well, I suppose I'm going to show my age, but what does "EMO" stand for? I must just be an old fart, but I have no idea what that means.

Also, and no one take this personally, but if you were born on or after 1982, don't make a statement like, "it's not like the old days." No offense, but your old days are Pearl Jam, Nirvana and the like. Maybe you saw a Head Bangers Ball rerun or special reunion show, but it wasn't your Saturday night ritual. Hell, you may not even remember how cool it was when they came out with clear cassettes.

I am glad, though, that those bands are still appreciated. There's hope yet!

IMO "EMO" represents anything overly emotional. Wailing like a little...whinny person about how your last girlfriends left you for your dad and crap like that. J/k BTW.

I always thought it just stood for "Emotinal" or somthing like that. Essentially it is the same thing as a country or slow rock song, it gets a point across and tells a story. I guess at least.

Plaid: I actually downloaded a couple tracks from the music service I use and really liked them. It is not what I expected, but all in all damn good music.

And WTF is wrong with having a superjoint ritual tatto? I have the "CFH" logo from Pantera on my ower left Calf and the pentagram w/flames from SuperJoint ritual on my lower right. I also have a star from one of my favorite bands "Pimpadelic" (www.pimpadelic.com) Also, Rick, better know as Easy Jesus the lead singer of Pimpadelic is David allan's nephew. Allthough I never get a chance to meet him through my connections with my band I did get to attend a couple photshoots here in Houston, and spoke with Hank III VERY briefly He and Ron Jeremy were shooting for a video with Pimpadelic.

And last but not least, I had heard that Phillip Anselmo and Hank III were doing some work together... any info on something from the two artists 4u2nv?

I can ask her. I personally dont really listen to that type of stuff..lol.. Just the demos she gives me..

As far as Tatts, I know a Dude who has "Ratt" tattooed across his stomach.. If that doesn't answe the question of whats wrong with having a bands name on you, I dont think I can explain it any better..lol.. Honestly its no big deal, just something I personally wouldnt do I guess. But if thats what a person likes and feels that theyll always like it, then go for it. I guess I shouldnt say I wouldnt, cuz I've always wanted the Death Row Records guy in the electric chair on my arm, so I guess its kinda the same.

And my impression of what "Emo" is, is kinda the geeky punk look. The black framed glasses with old man sweaters and stuff..lol.. Again not my thing (IMO I think its just another fad) but again, whatever people like is cool. If people dont like my music, I could give a poop, so..

Back