Music...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweak

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was listening to Yahoo! Music earlier, the "Hard rock" station.

Since when has real Hard Rock like Pantera, Ozzy and others turn into this Emo Pop $hit we hear everytime we turn around? I completely realize that bands from back in my generation have mostly disapated... Pantera split up, and of corse Darrel is dead. Ozzy is getting a little old to produce anything worthwhile besides duets with his daughter. But seriously, where the hell did Iron Maiden get off too??! What about Telsa, Metallica and Powerman 5000?

These youngsters are taking over my music and I want it back! The first concert I ever went to was when I was 13. A station that is no longer around here in Texas- KEGL Or the Eagle used to throw a yearly bash called "The BFD" or the Big Fuckin' Deal. Every year at Smirnoff Stadium they would have one hell of a concert with bands like Godsmack or Nine Inch Nails Headlining for a long list of great acts. The year I went it was Telsa, Powerman 5K, Stained, Manson, Static X, slipknot and some other freat shows. Keep in mind this was back when Static X was on a second stage well out of public viewing area. Now to the point. BFD is still around for some reason... who is on the list now? Life House, Seether (they are ALMOST allright to listen too) COLD, and a whole two, yes two other bands. A whole four bands trying to put on a show that used to rival Ozzfest. Music just ain't what it used to be...

Sorry for the rant. had to get that one out.

to make it worse, i heard ozzys "crazy train" allong with some rap guy the other day

Green Hornet said:
to make it worse, i heard ozzys "crazy train" allong with some rap guy the other day

Me too... I think Eminem took some of the good songs and put them in the background of his music... Kid rock took one of Metallica's songs, and sung over that... To me, the old Metallica, Ozzy, etc are the best bands ever... Godsmack and Pantera and Maden are awesome too... There are very few stations that play this music anymore...

To those XM users... What happened to XmXL or somethin... it was right after the boneyard...

welcome to getting older and seein the changing of the guard.......I like underground punk, Classic rock, hard rock, hip hop (not rap...true hip hop).....I could just cry if I thought about how all my favorite styles of music have been bought out by MTV and homogenized to where they are all the same now......I can't stand to hear these teeny boppers get in front of a camera and say poop that totally contradicts the roots of the music they claim association w/...punk music has just been beaten into the ground now to the point I can hear Iggy pop songs in TV commercials.....or I heard a Butthole surfers song advertising some froo froo kid snack a few years ago.....C'mon that's just sad......but hey it's not my music and the artist can bastardize their material as much as they want to right?????

The only way to listen to good music anymore,is to buy the cd's,that's what i had to do,or i just tune in and watch beavis and butthead for a hour every night

Well, I'm 36, so realistically I'm pushing the outer edge of the "coolness" envelope with some of you whipper-snappers, but the reality is I am heavy-metal to the core! Always have been, always will be!

Frankly, newer bands like Nickelback, Staynd, 3 Doors Down, 7 Mary 3 and the like all sound so damn similar, it all just blends together in my head. Personally, I think Creed started this trend, but that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think they have their place, but I also think it's become the path of least resistance for these bands to get any success. I mean, think about it, where, or where, has the guitar solo gone?

I like listening to the older stuff; Sabbath, Maiden, KISS, Motorhead, Deep Purple, AC/DC, early Metallica and so on. I also dig the '80's stuff a lot, even though it gets tagged as the Big Hair era. Sure, I agree with that, but from a creative standpoint, I think there was more variety during that time than there is now. I mean, bands like Motley Crue, Poison, Cinderella, White Lion, Great White, LA Guns, Tesla, Pantera, Anthrax, Megadeth, Queensryche and moving into the early '90's like Nirvana, Rage Against the Machine, etc. Sure, some were cheesy, but you have to admit, there are some good tunes in that group!

Nowadays, I like Mudvayne, KORN, Slipknot, Taproot, Disturbed, Godsmack, Papa Roach, Marilyn Manson and others in this vain. No particular reason, I just think they kick ass! I mean, have any of you been to a Slipknot show? Those are some crazy guys! Helluva show too! But, I also like Frank Sinatra, Enya, older rap & hip-hop (i.e. Run DMC, Public Enemy, etc.) The Doobie Brothers, Kajagoogoo, Billy Joel, .38 Special, Billy Idol, Billy "The Stroke" Squier, Cheap Trick. I mean, while I label myself a metal head, I like a variety of styles, just depends on my mood.

However, I draw the line at country. No offense to any of you country fans, but I simply don't get it.

Last edited:
This is why I like my Ipod. I loaded it up with old school Metallica, Maiden, Priest, AC/DC, Halen, Dio, Ozzy, Quiet Riot, a sprinkle of NWO and Eminem for diversity and some Green Day. Press shuffle and all is right with my world.

Country should be listend to in reserve,I listen to country to think about what's going on around me,and at a lot of partys cause all my freinds are redneck's.

Got Nitro? said:
and at a lot of partys cause all my freinds are redneck's.

I can see a lot of negative comments comming from that statement... like "Oh, so all rednecks listen to country?" or "What makes us a redneck?" :smoke:

.21Rc10GT said:
I can see a lot of negative comments comming from that statement... like "Oh, so all rednecks listen to country?" or "What makes us a redneck?" :smoke:

I'm not even going to dive into that pit,doesn't do anybody any good,

Nah, not all country music fans are rednecks! I've got good friends of mine that are country fans and you wouldn't have a clue unless you ride with them in their Civic!

Besides, haven been raised in Montgomery, AL, I consider myself a redneck to some degree. Does that mean I like country?

I didn't state that all redneck's listen to country,all i said is all my freind's are rednecks,up here there's a fair share of country music listeners,most of them are rednecks,but nowhere did i say,all redneck's listen to country.

Wow, in Washington state? Truthfully, that would've been the last place I'd guess to be a country music hot spot! Well, guess I learn something new everyday! Is the so-called "Seattle Sound" dead up there now? I mean, haven't heard bubkus from the likes of Pearl Jam. Granted, most of the leads killed themselves, but it seemed to just kind of fizzle out.

where i live there's the wanna be punk's,there's the country crowd,then there's the mix, Seattle did put out a couple good band's,like pearl jam and alice in chains,but country has kinda taken over a bit down here. I myself listen to everything,except rap. Country music is just another form that people get use to,i know a lot of "Real" punks,that just thrash to the metal,then they'll turn around and pick up a Johnny Cash or Hank William's Jr. Cd because it has the same meaning,just without the hard corp sound.

Allthough I have never really liked the Punk scene any other kind of music is just fine in my book. Just like Robmob my Ipod is LOADED 20 gig's of everything from Heavy alternative Metal to Country, to Rap (by rap I mean a very small amount of mainstream and a LOT of Eminem, Obie and D12 ) But I still don't understand why these old true rockers aern't producing anymore music. STYX just had thier show, and IMO that's the worst damn thing they could have done. "Sure, let's pick a singer (the mainstay of ANY group) based on votes and other factors, not how they sound or feel" I recently heard that Iron Maiden was booed off stage, accompanied by handfulls of garbage and other foriegn obejcts handed out by none other thatn Sharron Osbourne. Why? simply so Ozzy could get on stage faster. I guess i am just starting to feel old... All of my Idols- Johnny Cash, Dimebag Darrel, Cliff Burton (bassist: METALLICA) are dead. Most, Philip Anselmo, James taylor, Don McLean are not even producing music anymore. All these people I grew up are old and being washed out.

It is a sad day for entertainment artisit. But, i suppose if all these f-ing "music pirates" would stop stealing music they (the srtists) would feel more motivated to even make an attempt at recording something.

God how I miss AC/DC and that bigass blowup britt with flag underwear.

Monkey Wrench said:
I like listening to the older stuff; Sabbath, Maiden, KISS, Motorhead, Deep Purple, AC/DC, early Metallica and so on. I also dig the '80's stuff a lot, even though it gets tagged as the Big Hair era.

You just named almost everything I listen to. Do you remember when you could actually see these bands on MTV? Every Saturday night...Head Bangers Ball!!!!!

SMaxxin said:
You just named almost everything I listen to. Do you remember when you could actually see these bands on MTV? Every Saturday night...Head Bangers Ball!!!!!

I catch a occasional video on mtv2 i think it is,but very few,last one i seen was Anthrax when the did bring the noise.

The other day on the local classic Rock station they where playing Gun N Roses welcome to the jungle lmao man I feeling old. I though classic rock was like the Doors and Santana which I like to listen to. But love the old hair bands lol

Tweak said:
I was listening to Yahoo! Music earlier, the "Hard rock" station.

Since when has real Hard Rock like Pantera, Ozzy and others turn into this Emo Pop $hit we hear everytime we turn around? I completely realize that bands from back in my generation have mostly disapated... Pantera split up, and of corse Darrel is dead. Ozzy is getting a little old to produce anything worthwhile besides duets with his daughter. But seriously, where the hell did Iron Maiden get off too??! What about Telsa, Metallica and Powerman 5000?

These youngsters are taking over my music and I want it back! The first concert I ever went to was when I was 13. A station that is no longer around here in Texas- KEGL Or the Eagle used to throw a yearly bash called "The BFD" or the Big Fuckin' Deal. Every year at Smirnoff Stadium they would have one hell of a concert with bands like Godsmack or Nine Inch Nails Headlining for a long list of great acts. The year I went it was Telsa, Powerman 5K, Stained, Manson, Static X, slipknot and some other freat shows. Keep in mind this was back when Static X was on a second stage well out of public viewing area. Now to the point. BFD is still around for some reason... who is on the list now? Life House, Seether (they are ALMOST allright to listen too) COLD, and a whole two, yes two other bands. A whole four bands trying to put on a show that used to rival Ozzfest. Music just ain't what it used to be...

Sorry for the rant. had to get that one out.

I feel you man. I'm a huge fan of old school, and even new school metal. This punk and emo stuff is very annoying. Bands like Fall out boy, good charolette, ect. They've all taken over the mainstream. Music is a fad if you ask me, the cool thing now is punk and emo. Unfortunately, good ol' fashioned rock and metal isn't cool so it probably won't be heard much. Oh well, what can be done? Keep on rockn' dudes.

P.S. Godsmack's new album come out mid 2006.

Last edited:
Vincemaxx119 said:
This punk and emo stuff is very annoying. Bands like Fall out boy, good charolette, ect.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
that is exactly what I hate...those bands are NOT punk...sure it's a 3 chord monte but they are just crap...if you want real punk, listen to some good ol 4 skins or Oi boize.....try picking up the hellicoptors or bad brains.....this crap they play on the radio is NOT punk...it's that homogenized fit into any category music.......wearing torn clothes does not make something punk.....being original and open minded does....I listen to some way off the wall poop and I'm dressed like super prep right now....white polo and jeans...don't get more college boy than that huh???
point is what every one calls "ska" is more punk than anything else right now...and real ska is just not even heard of anymore.....stuff like desmond dekker, OLD marley, othello, duppy conquerer....radio will brainwash you.....listen to stuff out of th ebox before you fry your brain...

Back