Milpitas/San Jose, CA Area

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know where there's a nice track/LHS/club in the San Jose area closest to Milpitas? Closest LHS I know is Sheldon's Hobbies and Hobbytown USA, also RC Unlimited. Can't find any tracks though.

No one? I know there are some people in this area. Checked Frappr too. No one near me.

Norcal Hobbies in Union City has outdoor on-road, outdoor off-road, indoor 1/18 and mini-Z. They also have a dragstrip with timing trees.

Delta RC in Antioch runs outdoor off-road.

There is also Bayside RC in Fremont that runs outdoor off road.

Insideline Racing in Santa Clara runs mini-Z exclusively.

Fremont Raceway runs outdoor oval.

I am in South San Jose, I do not know of any tracks, but we race on a real big plot of land in Morgan Hill area off of Chochran exit.

Your more than welcome to come out and race with us. We have made track with what we have out there and use cones to outline the track. There is a nice uphill and down hill action plus a long sweeper of a turn. We race our 1/8th Losi's 8ight's and 8ight-T's out there. Whatcha running?

I did not know of the one in Fremont. DO they run 1/8th scale outdoor's?

I am in South San Jose, I do not know of any tracks, but we race on a real big plot of land in Morgan Hill area off of Chochran exit.

Is that Andys (RCU Owner )property that you are running at? Been awhile since I went out there, last I heard he had scrapped the track. What days do you guys run out there? I've moved out of San Jose but I'd be willing to make a trip down to run 1/8 scale electric.

I did not know of the one in Fremont. DO they run 1/8th scale outdoor's

Yes they run 1/8 scale. It's a flying field and you'll need an AMA membership to get on and run. http://www.baysidercclub.com/

No it is not Andy's track. But he did give me directions to his track and we went down there and looked at it. It needs tons of work. He wants people to go start playing on it to knock down all the weeds and get help in fixing it up. We have not yet played on his track.

He is building a new house from ground up, so he is really never there and the track went to crap.

But I would be more than happy to show you the place we run at. We always need more people to rac against. The guys I play with are ok, but I want someone who can keep up (not that I am saying I am great, but I am better than my friends) and give me a good race so I can get better. It is a very fast track setup we have and the more help we can get to make better the merrier.

I am trying to get a track started a Metcalf OHV park, but that will take a while.

I am sure diesel you meant to say 1/8 scale nitro not electric...correct? Or do you acually have a 1/8 scale electric!?

Give me a few weeks to unpack and get all my gear ready. I'll pm you when I'm ready to run.

And yes I have a 1/8 scale electric truggy. It's a Hot Bodies LSP conversion.

Sweet, I cannot wait to see it run! I have been wanting to convert and 1/8 scale to electric.

How long is the run time?

No problem on the time. It's raining anyway and takes about 1.5 weeks to dry out our area we play in.

I have some video of it, but it is still on the camcorder. I'll see if I can download it to a site for all to see. Maybe this weekend.

Cool. Do you have pleny of batteries or just one pack?

Do you also have a nitro car/truck?

I was just on the thread of you and Skip at his house catching air. Unfortunately here at work I cannot get the pics to come up, but I did get to see one video of a black Savage catching air in a creek/forest type area. Great jump.

I also built a ramp that is pretty vertical that we play around with out at the field.

Where we play is a humungous open area, mainly flat with a 5-6' lowered plain that we incorperate into our track area. It is a real fast track with 3 tight turns and one long sweeper.

I have been telling my friends that lipo's and brushless are fast, but without showing them it is kind of hard. I cannot wait till you bring out your electric 1/8.

Since it is raining this weekend anyway I will work on getting that video going.

For the truggy I only have one pack. I'll see if I can find another pack in the next few weeks.

I took a break from nitro and all my rigs are brushless/lipo powered.

Looks like a nice open area to run in. I'll be ready in a few weeks.

I might be interisted too. Sounds like a blast. Maby a rcnitrotalk west coast bash lol.

Idk maby, the revo's have been calling for some bashing for a while now. Its a pretty good hike from LA. I just map quested it and its like 6 hours away lol, so well see.

Bryson

Yeah, i don't blame ya. But just letting you know you are more than welcome. Just be nice to meet the guys that helped me out so much and are into the hobby as much.

Cool. :)

My friends and I will be out playing if anyone is interested on Sunday starting at about 10-10:30 am. PM me if interested! :)

It will be at the same place that is in my video above.

Aww man. I should get an off-road. Most tracks around are off-road tracks.

Back