Mayhem RTR not running through full tank..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI,
Be sure to check your fuel inlet to the carb. My Mayhem started to run a little poorly all of a sudden. I checked it out and found that were the fuel enters the carb had loosened, I simply tightened it and she was back up to speed. It's making great power @220 right now, air temp is about 73.
The Mayhem is the best purchase to date I have made!

It was the HSN that was causing the problem. I got it worked out yesterday at the track and it runs great. I am very impressed with this thing being a RTR.

Travis

Glad to hear it! I just bought a second Mayhem of Ebay, sick I tell ya!

I raced it last night and had a blast. I missed the first heat, but I got 4th in the second and then 3rd in the main. There was another guy out there with a mayhem rtr and we had several great battles. I didn't have time to charge up my rx pack yesterday and in the main it was running low so I had very poor steering, however it was fun nonetheless.

Travis

Man, you did pretty good for your 1st time with the Mayhem! Most guys tell me they have to get their buggy dialed in 1st. It's kinda funny, there's a discussion on another board about the Mayhem, and this one guy who says he's the 2nd best driver at the track was just all over the Mayhem and what a lousy jumper it is, yet noone else I've read or talked to have had any such experiances. It has its strengths and weaknesses like anything else (although I've yet to see the weaknesses), but I am thuruoghly immpressed with this buggy, so much so that I just bought a second one last night off Ebay.

I have not done anything to my buggy yet and it jumps fine. It handles great as well. I can't wait until I really start tuning the suspension and everything so that it drives even better.

Travis

We decided that the above referanced guy is a LOUSY driver and everyone else at his track must be a lot worse than him, cause if you can't jump the Mayhem, ju got a problem! It has got to be the easiest jumping buggy I've ever seen or driven, even my 12 yr old son was launching it over several jumps with ease repetedly! I should have picks soon. I will be ordering the 5mm shock towers.

If you can't jump the mayhem then you are obviously new to driving..My first couple of laps with this thing I will admit I had problems jumping it, however it was more because I have never driven offroad before (all onroad) and never had to deal with jumps. I got over that rather quickly :) The funnest part about racing 1/8th scale buggies is the jumps! We have a huge jump in the front that makes for some awesome air!

Travis

I recently purchased a mayhem and have had similar problems but was easily fixed by tuning.

Back