Reading the glow plug

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfzracer450

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a nitro rustler 2.5 I put a new plug in the other day and I've put about about 4 or 5 tanks through it on the new plug. I'm running the backyard basher fuel from sidewinder. I took it out today to read it and get a feel of how it's running. BTW the motor is not brand new. It's got like 2gallons on it. But anyway I pulled it out and this is what it looked like in the photo. Is this looking OK? Should I run it more then check it? Am I rich? To lean? It has a nice blue smoke all the way through the throttle and it's not running hot. In fact when I used my temp gun I got a reading of like 180. I just run in the back yard and up and down the street a bit. I don't have much room to really let it rip and open it up for a but it can wot for a little bit before I need to stop.

Screenshot_20231031_163927_Photos.jpg

That looks just about perfect to me, especially if your temps are good. Sounds like you've got it perfectly tuned. Since it's only got 4-5 tanks through it, it wouldn't be as "glazed" yet as is implied by the pictures in this thread.

That looks just about perfect to me, especially if your temps are good. Sounds like you've got it perfectly tuned. Since it's only got 4-5 tanks through it, it wouldn't be as "glazed" yet as is implied by the pictures in this thread.
I was actually going off of that thread and the that picture lol thank you 😊

That’s a clean burn plug 👍