RC Plane Nitro Fuel tank issue????? OR????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scas75

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So here's the thing, I was filling up the fuel tank for my P51 mustang yes its an RC lol anyhow, what happened was as it was filling up I noticed it was pumping anymore but was only 3/4's full
Using an electric fuel pump , so I figured ok thers enough in there for now as I wanted to do some pre flight tests and maintenance. When I pulled the planes fuel line from the pump it shot out the entire tanks worth of fuel, like as if the tank was pressurized. It shot out like a garden hose and I can't seem to understand why? any ideas?

the tank was empty before filling it., first time working on this plane this year., ran perfect last year before I put it away in the hangar for the winter

I had the throttle valve open about half way at the time...I'm feeling a little bit stumped at the moment... next move I plan to do is take the tank out and try and fill it outside of the plane and maybe I can detect any issues., but now this electric fuel pump stopped working, it turns on but doesn't pump.

has any of this happened to anyone before?? i am somewhat of a newb in this field so please bare with me :)

thank you

Back