Element expands their 1/12 lineup

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
They started with the Sendero, then the Ecto, now the latest addition is the 1/12 Bushido:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/elemen...woFyvGqgTJNd1Gi_a2PEdI8fuiixV_o4aAoxwEALw_wcB

Screenshot 2024-03-09 051142.png

Really more like 1/14 or 1/16 with a wheelbase around 8 inches. When they released the Sendero it seemed cool, but aftermarket support was questionable. Now that they have 3 rigs in the lineup, its seems sure aftermarket support will be strong eventually. Price tag of $199 makes it that much more attractive as a small scale option. Have a feeling one will be finding its way into my collection soon. 😎

How durable are these smaller scale element rigs proving to be. Maybe a good platform for my smallest human to learn on?

So I think that platform sucks out of the box. Go watch crawler canyon’s review on YouTube. I wanted one until I watched it. For the price plus what you would put into it to make it a decent crawler, meh. It’s a trail truck for sure, but not a comparable crawler like the 1/10 platform.
The Bushido looks cool though

I'm intrigued by the medium size. I will end up with one probably sooner than later. I don't expect it to be able to compete with more expensive rigs. I just look to see how much fun I can get out of it.

If I hadn't just ordered the new Redcat mini crawler I would have probably ordered the 1/12 Ecto.

The Bushido looks like it would be a small truck in real life so 1/12 just might be the correct scale.

It's actually somewhere around 1/8-1/9 scale, which is what many 1/10 labeled crawlers are.

I've seen so many of the newer small crawlers seem all over the place on wheelbase length. The 1/18 Capra has a 9" wheelbase. The1/18 TRX4M Bronco and 1/24 Axial Power Wagon are both 6.1" wheelbase.

Scale mostly denotes wheel size and driveline "beefiness". In fast RCs power system too (e.g. 1/10 uses 2-3s, 1/8 uses 4-6s).

1/10 short course trucks are MUCH larger than 1/10 touring cars for some reason. Real SC and Trophy trucks aren't that big.

Rarely is the "1/10" accurate, which is no wonder, since you have 2 or 3 chassis wheelbases and dozens of bodies that fit each. Easiest way to check actual scale is to divide real vehicle wheelbase with model wheelbase.

Scale mostly denotes wheel size and driveline "beefiness". In fast RCs power system too (e.g. 1/10 uses 2-3s, 1/8 uses 4-6s).

1/10 short course trucks are MUCH larger than 1/10 touring cars for some reason. Real SC and Trophy trucks aren't that big.
It used to be that scale denoted even a rough idea of what size the real thing would be. Many manufacturers still follow this, e.g. Tamiya label their TT01 touring cars 1/10 but euro trucks with the same chassis are 1/14. Even if there’s no real counterpart, we can estimate what size the driver of the imaginary vehicle would be.

Short course trucks indeed are massively oversized! The so-called 1/10:th scale ones are larger than 1/8 though not quite 1/7. Even the short wheelbase LT10 and DK10 from Associated are larger than 1/10 of the real things. And that’s going generously by wheelbase as the width is off even more.

Back