Looking to buy a new Truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have to say you huys have swayed me big time, I'm looking into the savage now... the SS seems nice has anyone put one together so i know what to be expecting to pay?...although the LE also is a possibility

I've never owned or put together a savage,but unless you set on building,buy the LE,it comes with the 3 speed tran's,and a differnt set of tires,i would look into what it would cost to get the 3 speed and the tires,if those are options you want right away.

The savage le comes with all the stuff you need to go racing. Like the race tires, brakes, 3speed, and a nice big engine! I have a 25 but thats cuz its my first nitro rc. The only thing i have against the savages racing is they tip way to easy. That can be a very easy fix. Then when you get home from racing you can bash for an hour or 2. Its a win win situation with a savage!

savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage

i priced building a SS out and its over $600m so i think that i am gonna get the LE

nitro_freak_123 said:
savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage savage

Did ya want him to buy a savage? :)

Totally go with the LE. It will fullfil the every need you, well, need! You have a race ready truck with the duability of a basher FOR BASHING!

yeah I'm putting my foot down in the LE, i figure ill see how it is stock then maybe upgrade the engine to the 4.6:) and slap a reverse on it too

in stock form totally. It has so many upgrades its crazy for the price. Just the add ons are $311. Thats almost as much as a reg savage. I would have gotten the LE but i liked the 25.

I've got the revo and I just put the 3.3 in it....it owns man....I'll take it to the local track and just kill savages......and it's fun for bashing in my yard....and atleast at my LHS there is WAY more revo than Savage stuff.

Jon

Forgot just for a comparision too... I have a TMAXX also with the 2.5 engine, the same that was in my revo, between the two even with the 2.5 instead of the 3.3, go for the revo, with the progressive three rockers and such I'll jump that thing atleast 6 feet in the air land side ways and upside down go flip it back rubber side down and it's good to go

REVO!!!!

laskow86 said:
damn man what do u have against maxx's? i dont know yet... the savage le looks sick too, but its like $50 dolalrs for the reverse stuff

do you have the revo 3.3?

Last edited:
tmaxx 3.3 is the bomb i reconmend it 100% also I'm buying a revo if anywon selling

Go for the Giga Crusher Ready Set - .28 with 3 speed and reverse - I just got one - its a beast and a blast to drive!

go with the tmaxx it has heaps of power and very strong tmaxx is the way to go revo is more for racing dont bother with the revo

Honestly go with which one you like better either way you won't regret it. Don't rely on other peoples opinions. Most of these opinions are biased in one way or another to what they own or there experiences. Both are great trucks.
IMHO I say go with the new Savage X 4.6 RTR. You said you just want to run it around and have fun with it and the Savage has a little better ground clearance and can take more of a beating and keep going. IMO Savage is the best basher out there. I've seen them take 10+ foot jumps and keep going.

Below is a link to the Savage X 4.6 RTR:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRYP0**&P=0

Honestly he should have already decided on a truck, this thread is a year old.

I have a tmaxx 2.5, though I wish it were a 3.3, this thing takes a pounding (have video proof) and is fun and easy to work on. Is duratrax a 4 letter word? I'm not finding much for info or add ons?!

I have a tmaxx 2.5, though I wish it were a 3.3, this thing takes a pounding (have video proof) and is fun and easy to work on. Is duratrax a 4 letter word? I'm not finding much for info or add ons?!

Duratrax is better know around here as Duratrash, you won't find much else about them.

Just upgrade your engine to a 3.3 and add cvd's everywhere.