Buying a new Buggy But, Which one?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,
I am looking to purchase a new Nitro RTR Buggy. I don't want a kit. I've been trying to do my homework and figure out what's the best one for me. First, I am a basher not a racer. Not that it would never see a track, I have a couple fairly close to me. Here are the choices I have came down too:
Sworkz S350 Fox8 Nitro RTR
Koyosho inferno MP10 ready set
Losi 8ight
Hobao VS2
I looked at TA's and Mugen but I don't see any RTR's from them so I really didn't look to hard. I did check out Serpent also but couldn't get a lot of info on them. Parts availability is important, Don't want a bump start, Wish they all had ez or roto start but I'll deal with a pull start system. Speed is a factor (I'm a speed freak) and reliability is important too. So...what's your choice here? opinions are welcome but facts are what counts! and am I missing any ? Thanks in advance!!

am I missing any ?

I’m new to the hobby, just getting in with my son and we just bash in the yard, just got this in this week

33E49C16-9F58-497D-9489-FC41F5540CB4.jpeg

They have a buggy version too

Hey Guys,
I am looking to purchase a new Nitro RTR Buggy. I don't want a kit. I've been trying to do my homework and figure out what's the best one for me. First, I am a basher not a racer. Not that it would never see a track, I have a couple fairly close to me. Here are the choices I have came down too:
Sworkz S350 Fox8 Nitro RTR
Koyosho inferno MP10 ready set
Losi 8ight
Hobao VS2
I looked at TA's and Mugen but I don't see any RTR's from them so I really didn't look to hard. I did check out Serpent also but couldn't get a lot of info on them. Parts availability is important, Don't want a bump start, Wish they all had ez or roto start but I'll deal with a pull start system. Speed is a factor (I'm a speed freak) and reliability is important too. So...what's your choice here? opinions are welcome but facts are what counts! and am I missing any ? Thanks in advance!!

You are not going to get speed out of a RTR engine ,the way with a non race engine is to send it off an have it modified an
with a slight gear ratio change or invest in a quality race engine later!
Sworkz & Kyosho are good brands an are racing platforms ,parts are always available ,Hobao is a good brand ,but not
so much popular for the track!..:thumbs-up:

The kyosho stuff looks good, if I was going rtr, I’d personally go for these:
That Hpi vorza truggy like ☝️ above, a kyosho inferno because they are pretty affordable, the HPI wr8, or a hobao truggy. The kits I would go for would be a Tekno, the kyosho truggy, or better yet the mayako mx8! Mayako looks top notch.

You are not going to get speed out of a RTR engine ,the way with a non race engine is to send it off an have it modified an
Sworkz & Kyosho are good brands an are racing platforms ,parts are always available ,Hobao is a good brand ,but not
so much popular for the track

so much popular for the track!..:thumbs-up:
I am having a hard time finding Sworkz? according to their site they have only 1 distributor in the us?