Best Glow plug to use

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normrdz300

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey all
So I decided on buying the Koyosho MP10, Thanks to everyone who responded to my post about which one to buy! I want to stock up on the every day stuff and I want to have a couple new glow plugs on hand. My question is , What is the best plug to use in it? It has the The 3.5cc KE21SP engine. I asked Amain and their response was:

O.S. No.6 Short Body Standard Glow Plug "Hot"​

When I asked the guy if those engines used that "HOT" plug his response was
I was looking to see what plug it came with but that information isn't listed.
I do apologize

What are your suggestions?

os glo plugs are considered the best. the chart below is what os racing offers in terms of glo plugs. i believe i use os #8 and have had no problems with it

i dont know the difference between hot and cold glo plugs so i googled it :
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?882542-Glow-Plugs-Hot-vs-Cold

gloplug.png

I run os plugs in everything. lc3 in my os21. lc4’s in my 3.3’s. Running whatever plug comes in the Mach 2. But, when I install it back into my 2.5 tmaxx, I’m going to get serious with the tune. And, get the appropriate os plug for it too.

The os plugs are incredible.

It's predominantly linked to the fuel you use

FWIW: The O.S. LC3 and LC4 glow plugs are considered long. The Traxxas engines and the O.S. 18tm/21tm engines use them. If you use them in an engine not designed for them you could have issues.

I've always gone by the hotter the plug the better the idle and low end. Going to a colder plug will give you more power in higher RPM's.

Back