Any good suggestions for a glow plug igniter?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar new

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Any suggestions for good glow plug igniters? Looked in some other forums that recomend the hot shot 2 but its discontinued. Also the glow plug igniter I have right now used to work well but now would only start the engine once then not even get the plug to glow. Current igniter is a finicky hsp igniter that came with my rc
I've been looking at the Team Losi twist lock one on amazon for $29 but it doesn't come with a charger. The ones that come with a charger are outrageously priced like $80

I like the ones where you can take the battery out, as opposed to the all-in-one units, because then you can use a "smart" charger, change to a higher-capacity cell, test capacity, etc. The super-basic red/green chargers just don't cut it for me.

Something like this. The meter is an added bonus that confirms that I've got a good connection with the glow plug.

I run a 4200mah cell in mine, more than double the 1800mah that seems standard in the cheap all-in-one units.

For me, the lipo glow driver is absolutely the best.
Would never go back to anything else.
The push and twist ones are also very good!

I use a D cell igniter, Amazon sells Tenergy 10,000mah rechargeable D cell batteries. I find this setup works GREAT.

Any suggestions for good glow plug igniters? Looked in some other forums that recomend the hot shot 2 but its discontinued. Also the glow plug igniter I have right now used to work well but now would only start the engine once then not even get the plug to glow. Current igniter is a finicky hsp igniter that came with my rc
I've been looking at the Team Losi twist lock one on amazon for $29 but it doesn't come with a charger. The ones that come with a charger are outrageously priced like $80
The problem I ran into with twist lock glow igniter is sometimes it loosens the glow plug. I like the Dynamite lipo igniter.

The problem I ran into with twist lock glow igniter is sometimes it loosens the glow plug. I like the Dynamite lipo igniter.
I have the Dynamite lipo also and its very good.

Back