Is Smarttech made by HPI??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smartteck sucks thats how you kno its not made by hpi. lol :)

aj200415 said:
Get a life people. You spend half A day calling smartech dumb and defending your cars, just chill. I want to make friends not lose em. I'm just sayen that I'm sick of people puttin down my car.If your gonna cry bout me puttin down your stuff, stop puttin down mine!! :cheers:

Hey man, If you like your smartech, cool. I had one at one time, and I broke it left and right. That company would do much better if the LHS would carry more replacment parts for it. That's why people say it sucks. Not entirely the workmanship of the model, but also the availability of parts for it.

BTW: spending $250 or more on a hobby is not a whole lot considering what some other people do for a hobby. For instance rebuilding vintage 1:1 cars for show. The ultimate floor queen. Another thing, for parents, it's good to have your children doing this and having fun, rather than off "finding" things to do on their own. (some of which you may/may not approve of)

yea ppl talk crap bout my cen. it hauls ass hardcore. it just is a pain to find parts for. still a nice car tho. and smarttech or w/e i havent even hered of till the other day. its defantly no hpi tho. and I've heard alot of ppl complaining. but i guess everycar is different. have fun with it...

If you have a smart tech and a hpi or another actuall name brand and drive each of them for 10 mins, youll see why the Smarttech (Or a cen for that matter) sucks. Its NOT only because you can't find parts for them, its mainly because of poor quality, poor handling, and just plain crappiness. Both of these companies seem to be more worried about speed than handling, durablity, or quality.

hey man what do ya need handling for if you can just go faster right???
as far as the smarttech thing goes, I agree...THEY SUCK RATZO's SWAMP ASS FUMES!!!!

yeah, speed doesn't need handling. Whoever says that, is just stupid... Handling is wayyyy overrated!

(This is sarcastic for the people who dont know)

zombie.jpg

Plaidfish said:
hey man what do ya need handling for if you can just go faster right???
as far as the smarttech thing goes, I agree...THEY SUCK RATZO's SWAMP ASS FUMES!!!!

Sucking my ass fumes might not be as bad.

ok guys.. smartech is NOT any part of HPI and smartechs suck floppy donkey dong.. end of discussion..

SMARTTECH IS SMARTECH.. its not made by anybody or makes any parts for anyone else. Smarttech is its own brand. And a extremely poopy brand at that.

rbmaxxbasher said:
BTW: spending $250 or more on a hobby is not a whole lot considering what some other people do for a hobby.
Try fishing. Every time the boat goes out it's about $200 for gas (for the boat) and another $80 for the car to pull the trailer. The good reels are $400. Custom rod is another $400.

If I were to go diving, the total for my rig (Suit, Dive computer, Primary, Reg and Octopus, Weight system, BCD, Fins, Goggles, Snorkel, Boots, weights) cost me $2700. Then the dive packages go for $800 for 4 days/3 nights with 3 Dives/day and that's not including airfare (Florida keys). Anywhere else is considerably higher.

For photography, digital and analog SLR, the bodies alone are $1000 and up. Good Lenses are about $800. If you do analog, enlarger, chemicals and other equipment can get pretty high as well.

Yeah, hobbies are expensive. Don't get into one if you're gonna start belly aching about prices.

I won't even get into skydiving like what sl0eg1n does. That's another hole waiting to burn in your wallet.

A good affordable hobby is stamp collecting.

man, someone did some digging for this thread! i thought it was long gone.