is it just me or should people wait to bid...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bplakers

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just noticed when tried to buy a few extra parts people on ebay bid prices up when if you'd wait until it ends could get parts cheaper. Instead of bidding what you'd pay why not just do a buy it now? Noticed quite a few parts I was bidding on went for higher than buy it now price from same seller....just saying save all us buyers money if waited to bid until time was about up and just add it to ur watch list.

thats what i do ... bid at the last minute when i can ...was able to get some parts very cheap like that ;) but i will never bid more than a ''buy it now '' price...lol..I'm not that dumb :hehe:

Yeah I just seen a piston go for 72 plus shipping...A arms go for 24 plus shipping hubs go for 20 plus shipping...could get all of that cheaper on buy it now...

was hoping to get some parts for cheap but guess everyone wants to bid everything up today. Glad wasn't one to buy if for more than buy it now price from the same seller lol

lol....i got a set of hubs and t-max tires for 45$ including shipping ...and another purchase of a set losi xxl tires with 20mm hubs and a 4ch remote with 5ch receiver for around 100$...i paid less than the lowest ''buy it now '' price that i could find for each item ...some were close ..but still less ;)

i wait till the last few minutes unless i am going to miss it then i place a bid for what i want to spend if i get it i get if not oh well

i see alot going for way more than but i do not know if people do not relize this or they get excited to be in a bidding war
maybe they have money to burn

I used to make a living buying and selling on eBay. People get caught up in the bidding and the competitive nature kicks in and they don't pay attention to what they are doing. It happened all the time. As to waiting till the last minute, this is a great strategy if you want that item and want it cheap. But alot of people will go through and place the base starting bid on 20+ items and see if they get any. They don't need that item very bad, often just looking for spares to toss in the toolbox or resellable items.

i just missed out last night on a ftx 5000mah 7.2v 2s lipo brand new but a bid in at 11.50 with ten seconds to go and thought i bagged it but then someone bid 12.50 right after was well gutted lol

I never understood why people don't bid on items until the very last minute. Say you find a gadget you like, but know you don't want to spend no more then $50. Simply put in a $50 bid and be done with it. If it goes over then who cares, you didn't buy it. If it's under the $50 then great - give yourself a pat on the back as you just got your gadget for the price point you wanted or less. It's a win win.

As for buy it now, I always search there first before bidding.

I never bid until the last 30 seconds. If you bid earlier it gives people a chance to outbid you....

I never understood why people don't bid on items until the very last minute. Say you find a gadget you like, but know you don't want to spend no more then $50. Simply put in a $50 bid and be done with it. If it goes over then who cares, you didn't buy it. If it's under the $50 then great - give yourself a pat on the back as you just got your gadget for the price point you wanted or less. It's a win win.

As for buy it now, I always search there first before bidding.

That's great, but what if current bid puts you at $25. Them ax you want to spend is $80, but the item doesn't end for another 4 days. Now you have a potential $80 tied up. Ok still not a big deal...but wait what's this, the next day someone lists one Buy It Now for $60 and free shipping...

If you use the "watch" instead of bidding right away then you could have saved time and money.

When I want to bid on something on feebay, I do so in the last 5 seconds.

Most of the time I am able to get it at much less than my maximum bid since I avoided some tool bidding me up.

people just want to win the bid thats it i should start a site that you have to pay to win a bid on a chance to win a prize and say it could be a ipad id be rich deseptive but not lieing

Back