HPI-Killers AE MGT 4.6 & LRP .32 MGT Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been giving some serious thought to that .32 in the Bling Thing Savvy. If you do it, let me know what you think of it. I've only heard good things, but the color would clash with my current scheme. :hehe:

Hmm, yeah the color and design isnt really my cup-o-tea but the performance increase is! When I do get it and install it ill let you know on how it performs while sitting on its shelf jk. :hehe:

Still deciding on whether or not i should have ercm port a 8.0 block for me. Very curious about the performance gain. :burp:

Still deciding on whether or not i should have ercm port a 8.0 block for me. Very curious about the performance gain. :burp:

I've read that the increase is monsterous!! Only bad is Robin from ERCM isnt responding to a couple members emails, including mine... I wanted a .32 mill ported with a custom tuned pipe and he never got back in touch, and that was like 8 weeks ago... So all I can say is good luck lol.

I think I am going to marry the mgt to the LRP unless.someone has any objections to it.. Also what gearing changes am I going to need to make for the new powerplant?
----
On the #1 side of things, I am putting #2s pullstart unit on it and seeing if I can't get it to fire up, hope I can she needs some fresh air!!

I wouldn't even consider any other engine on my MGT's after running my .32 this weekend at the track bro! I am running a 49t spur and a 20t clutch bell and it hauls serious ass! I was lapping my friends picco powered revo this weekend with my MGT! Not sure if it's the Torco fuel or not but my .32 is easier on fuel than the stock pro.28.

I wouldn't even consider any other engine on my MGT's after running my .32 this weekend at the track bro! I am running a 49t spur and a 20t clutch bell and it hauls serious ass! I was lapping my friends picco powered revo this weekend with my MGT! Not sure if it's the Torco fuel or not but my .32 is easier on fuel than the stock pro.28.

Thats all I needed to hear, I run 30% so I'm sure itll haul ass, I might re-gear it if my wife doesn't hang me in the front yard with her purse straps lol..

Does the stock manifold and exhaust fit on the .32 block? I hope..

Thats all I needed to hear, I run 30% so I'm sure itll haul ass, I might re-gear it if my wife doesn't hang me in the front yard with her purse straps lol..

Does the stock manifold and exhaust fit on the .32 block? I hope..

If your running pro.28 it does. The older pro.21 has a smaller diameter exhaust port thatn the .28 does. Just to put it out there bro, I have tried the stock pipe on mine and it ran a lot hotter, than with the RD Logics tuned pipe.

Last edited:
If your running pro.28 it does. The older pro.21 has a smaller diameter exhaust port thatn the .28 does. Just to put it out there bro, I have tried the stock pipe on mine and it ran a lot hotter, than with the RD Logics tuned pipe.

Awesome!! Glad to know I own the pro .28 versions of this rig, especially when I can only imagine how sluggish the heavy MGT pig would be while a lil baby
.21 tries to push it, ha!!

I've read that the increase is monsterous!! Only bad is Robin from ERCM isnt responding to a couple members emails, including mine... I wanted a .32 mill ported with a custom tuned pipe and he never got back in touch, and that was like 8 weeks ago... So all I can say is good luck lol.

Did you try calling? Based on what I've heard its a one man operation and he does this on the side.

Awesome!! Glad to know I own the pro .28 versions of this rig, especially when I can only imagine how sluggish the heavy MGT pig would be while a lil baby
.21 tries to push it, ha!!

Well since you're curious, this is my MGT4.6 .21 un-tuned and first time starting it in 2yrs. 80% throttle, all coppers not very good for off-road. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ Lol WHOAH! :hehe:.

---
Well I decided to pull the RPM arms, RIT them and install them on #2, and I decided to do something a little differant than the average one color, color scheme I usually get for RPM arms on my rigs.
3a9u3yma.jpg

I am also pulling #1 mill and dropping in #2, replaced the pullstart unit and am hoping to find a problem if any at all, maybe it wouldnt start due to a worn out OWB..
hyqyqymy.jpg

And I will probably elbows deep in my #2 all night tonight and am expecting some hodden doodoo that will block the work flow :hehe:

I like the orange bro! I really want to get another set of RPM arms for my basher MGT.

Thanks hulk I think its a cool twist on the average setup.. The only thing that kills me is when I color scheme my truck I start thinking of anything that uses the same colors like brands and sports or movies etc etc..

So now I have me a Denver Broncos themed truck.... Lol its alot better than my red and blue Revo which was Spider Man in my head, and I hated my Revo because of my color fail...

---------
As of now I am tearing every piece of the a-arm setup, all the way down to each n every bearing within the steering knuckles. Suspension itself can wait until tomorrow when I RIT the shocks I figure id clean as I dye.. Completed pics for the night soon to come I hope..

Finally!! Geez what a grueling task cleaning 100% of 100% that you take off.... Looks pretty sweet, got the .28 in her for now until my LRP knocks at my door :)
2u2a4y9a.jpg
muzy4eje.jpg
e9epe4ap.jpg
:screwy::screwy::screwy::screwy::beer:

Looks good bro, I love the orange! I'm sick of seeing blue RPM parts!

Looks good bro, I love the orange! I'm sick of seeing blue RPM parts!

Oh good you can see the truck on that table, whew!! Lol..

Thanks Pete, I agree about blue RPM, the main reason why I decided not to use my aquamarine RIT on the arms. Black is getting just as bad, but when you throw some happy orange trees on your canvas it comes to life and find yourself with a white guy fro :hehe:.

Never done 2 differant colors on the same arm color scheme, so I rolled the dice and I think it looks alright myself.

Now I gotta get her started so all of this time pays off.... Hope the OWB was the issue, *fingers crossed*

It was the orange arms that made it stand out...lol

Looks good...where's the orange lower arms at?

Lol I thought about it but didnt want to overpower the truck with the color and have people mistaken my truck for a bag of oranges with wheels! :hehe:

Okay so got #2 all said and done, minus a problem with both front and rear tires bowing outward like so (top view) \ / . I remembered I had the same issue with my Revo so instead of posting about it I searched through my Revo build thread and answered my question.

here are some non potato phone pics with a few bodies on untill i get her outside.
DSCF3031_zpsa24a82da.jpg

DSCF3032_zpsfd9fc5b6.jpg

Oooo sooo clean!!
DSCF3045_zps811b6f4d.jpg

DSCF3047_zps3be6a037.jpg

DSCF3048_zpsf1a2d670.jpg

DSCF3049_zps9ca9baab.jpg

DSCF3051_zps1f421c01.jpg

Nitro buzz d....i like it! lol

Lol wrong thread... Haha must be sleep posting :hehe:

But thanks brotha, its kind of sad I wrench my fingers raw, then run into tiny little issues that need done or run out of time and find myself starting my work week...

I just hope this mill will turn over for me.... If not that LRP will gladly take its spot :D